How to make friends in 3rd year of uni during covid 19?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm in my last year of uni and practically have no friends, in my 1st and 2nd years I found myself mixing with the wrong people who had no interest in me and were flaky. I kind of want to start fresh given this is my last year and want to be happy at graduation at least.
How to make friends in 3rd year during covid 19?
Any advice would be so much helpful, thanks.
hanlouisesampson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I know it's not as easy this year because we're restricted in terms of social events and activities, but I would recommend possibly looking for a job or joining a society, they're all still running in most universities I think.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm in my last year of uni and practically have no friends, in my 1st and 2nd years I found myself mixing with the wrong people who had no interest in me and were flaky. I kind of want to start fresh given this is my last year and want to be happy at graduation at least.
Hey,

I met some of my closest friends at uni in third year, through my course, job and societies. I would recommend reaching out and starting conversations with different people on your course. Also try and join a society as you will meet people will similar interests as yourself. Most things will probably be online so see if you can join for example group chats.

Good luck!

Zaira
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I also relate to this a lot. I thought third year I would try again to meet/make more serious friendships, however covid had has made this difficult. I've done the whole joining societies thing and then it would just die down after a while... I also feel like people on my course are settled in the friendship groups. So what I plan on doing this year is taking the first move to reach out and not give up . I may also try a new society. I guess its a trial and error thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.43%
I'm not sure (59)
4.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.27%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (610)
48.64%

Watched Threads