Bennic18
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What are the best online colleges in the UK?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bennic18)
What are the best online colleges in the UK?
How old are you?
To study what?
Bennic18
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
How old are you?
To study what?
17 and preferably something assignment based like engineering
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
17 and preferably something assignment based like engineering
Are you willing to pay private school fees?
Bennic18
Rep:
?
Are you willing to pay private school fees?
What like an enrolment cost? To pay for the course?
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
What like an enrolment cost? To pay for the course?
The course.
Have you left school?
I dont believe there are online colleges as you suggest you are better off finding an FE college or doing an apprenticeship.
Bennic18
Rep:
?
The course.
Have you left school?
I dont believe there are online colleges as you suggest you are better off finding an FE college or doing an apprenticeship.
I’m in college rn but hate the environment and the social aspect of it so was wondering if I could do the a course online.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m in college rn but hate the environment and the social aspect of it so was wondering if I could do the a course online.
Unlikely.
Online courses become available when 19, but you have to take out loans for them.
Bennic18
Rep:
?
Unlikely.
Online courses become available when 19, but you have to take out loans for them.
I am able to pay for them now I just don’t know what type of courses are available, I’d be looking for something like a level 3 diploma or a level extended diploma
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
I am able to pay for them now I just don’t know what type of courses are available, I’d be looking for something like a level 3 diploma or a level extended diploma
Theres an extended diploma in engineering, but doubt you will find a college that offer it online.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...xtendedDiploma
Bennic18
Rep:
?
Theres an extended diploma in engineering, but doubt you will find a college that offer it online.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...xtendedDiploma
:/ thank you for your help though!
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
:/ thank you for your help though!
Are you wanting to go to uni?
You cna erither go academic to try and do a degree or go vocational with NVQ and try to get on one of those courses at college?
Bennic18
Rep:
?
Are you wanting to go to uni?
You cna erither go academic to try and do a degree or go vocational with NVQ and try to get on one of those courses at college?
Nah I have always been going against uni unless it’s like a degree apprenticeship type thing where I get a degree on the side while working. I just don’t like the college setting, it’s not work content it’s the place and the people.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah I have always been going against uni unless it’s like a degree apprenticeship type thing where I get a degree on the side while working. I just don’t like the college setting, it’s not work content it’s the place and the people.
You will need qualifications for a degree apprenticeship and probably level 3 i.e A levels or btec.
Maybe start with a normal apprenticeship and work your way up?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
Bennic18
Rep:
?
You will need qualifications for a degree apprenticeship and probably level 3 i.e A levels or btec.
Maybe start with a normal apprenticeship and work your way up?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
I’ve looked for apprenticeships so much, just never seems to be any around especially in the areas I want to work haha, can’t win in life these days
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve looked for apprenticeships so much, just never seems to be any around especially in the areas I want to work haha, can’t win in life these days
You may have to travel.
You should also note that a lot of engineering companies advertise on their sites but it is competitive.
Bennic18
Rep:
?
You may have to travel.
You should also note that a lot of engineering companies advertise on their sites but it is competitive.
I try to be as active as possible on their post and signed up for notifications on apprenticeships but like you said it’s very competitive, I don’t mind moving away, I want to in the future anyways so doing it now would suit me
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
I try to be as active as possible on their post and signed up for notifications on apprenticeships but like you said it’s very competitive, I don’t mind moving away, I want to in the future anyways so doing it now would suit me
You need to id what sort of apprenticeship you want and talk to careers to see what realistically might be open to you and what skills/ qualifications you will need.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.49%
I'm not sure (36)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.52%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (388)
48.93%

Watched Threads