Can a college refuse to enter you for 2021 resits exam

Watch
Anonymous.22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
^^^in the title
To clarify it’s the sme college you were entered for to sit 2020 exams before covid
Last edited by Anonymous.22; 4 weeks ago
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think centres had a responsibility to accept Autumn re-sit entries but that does not extend to Summer 2021 which counts as a normal re-sit. There are a surprising number of centres who don't normally accept former students back to re-sit the following year. With the constraints of having to arrange exams with greater social distancing the numbers not accepting former students may increase as they feel they have to prioritise their enrolled students..
Anonymous.22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
I think centres had a responsibility to accept Autumn re-sit entries but that does not extend to Summer 2021 which counts as a normal re-sit. There are a surprising number of centres who don't normally accept former students back to re-sit the following year. With the constraints of having to arrange exams with greater social distancing the numbers not accepting former students may increase as they feel they have to prioritise their enrolled students..
Ohh I see
Will those who choose to resit in the summer also have the higher of the 2 grades btw just like those who are sitting them in the autumn???
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous.22)
Ohh I see
Will those who choose to resit in the summer also have the higher of the 2 grades btw just like those who are sitting them in the autumn???
They will have both. They'd have to declare both to UCAS but can probably just put the better on a CV.
Anonymous.22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
They will have both. They'd have to declare both to UCAS but can probably just put the better on a CV.
In terms of uni will they look at the higher one and confirm places based on that?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous.22)
In terms of uni will they look at the higher one and confirm places based on that?
Generally, yes, but it's up to them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads