Whatsoverthere
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently in year 12 hoping to do a law degree at uni. However, I can't find any work experience to do as they are either cancelled due to covid, only for undergrads or for disadvantaged pupils.

I've looked on a lot of websites and I'm getting quite worried about it.

Could anyone tell me any places i could get work experience?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont see why you are worried about it since it's not needed for a law degree. You can ask connections from your school or your friends. Here's some virtual work experience: https://www.theforage.com/
Whatsoverthere
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I dont see why you are worried about it since it's not needed for a law degree. You can ask connections from your school or your friends. Here's some virtual work experience: https://www.theforage.com/
I went on that before but i think it's only for uni students
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Whatsoverthere)
I went on that before but i think it's only for uni students
Nah, I've done some but gave up because I didnt like since I like law academically but you can do it even if you arent a uni student. Tbh you shouldn't worry about work experience since its not required or essential for your application
kp07l
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im a law student currently, can confirm you DONT need any work experience to get on the degree and it won't aid you during the actual degree itself either! I did do a minipupillage before my degree (3 years ago...how time flies) but I got that through a connection. 90% of people who do pre degree work experience do it through connections and it's not at all expected.
You could however look at Spark schemes run by solicitors firms. Check out Clifford Chance for example. Googling "year 13 insight schemes law firm" or something to that effect should get you some results! Hope this helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (184)
14.2%
I'm not sure (59)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (380)
29.32%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.85%
I'm not a current university student (636)
49.07%

Watched Threads