lunardays
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So I have already been given my ucas predicted grades and they are pretty low, although they are only a bit lower than the universities entry requirements I'm thinking of applying to. I'm just wondering though if by next year my grades increase would the university take that into consideration or only go with the current grades I have now as I'm applying?
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lunardays)
So I have already been given my ucas predicted grades and they are pretty low, although they are only a bit lower than the universities entry requirements I'm thinking of applying to. I'm just wondering though if by next year my grades increase would the university take that into consideration or only go with the current grades I have now as I'm applying?
Hello lunardays,

What sort of courses or universities are you looking at if you don't mind me asking please? Also I am not sure if you know much about Foundation Years which allow you to join the university with lower entry requirements than the standard course, over this year you build up the skills you will need for the degree and then progress into Year 1- I have attached a link about foundation years here (https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...oundation-year).

Hopefully this helps

Millie
Student Rep
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Predicted grades are what Universities use to decide whether to make an offer or not.
Any offer will be at that University's usual offer terms, not your predicted grades. Those are the grades you need to get in August.

What you get in August, and whether a University still accepts you if you are below the offer grades, is a different issue.

Its okay to have one 'risky' choice - some Unis will make 'aspirational' offers expecting you to being able to get the grades they require even if your predictions are one grade below their required grades. But, its best to make your other choices more realistic - ie. required grades are the same as your predicted grades, not forgetting one choice below your predicted grades to make sure you have a good Insurance choice if things dont go to plan in August.

More advice about How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads