Need help picking a GCSE to self-study

Watch
ItzLexiii
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Need to pick a GCSE to self study completely on my own, what's an easy yet helpful gcse to take?
Throw in some suggestions! Thx!

Subjects I'm already taking:
French
English
ICT
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

(PS; since I'm already taking French & English, maybe something around one of these languages would be easy enough? Idk, it doesn't have to be a language tho, anything helps)
sakura_23
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well you don’t have any humanities so maybe one of those? In terms of ‘easyness’ you’re already taking what I’d consider the easiest, other than maybe RE which is basically useless and outdated. Latin and Greek are difficult by yourself if you’re not very linguistically capable and could learn say German all by yourself, History and Geography are content and essay heavy so it depends on your strengths. Wouldn’t suggest a creative for self study though.
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If your thinking of doing a course which requires coursework I dont think thats possible for self-study... my advice is to just pick something easy like rs or citizenship. you only really need 9 gcses anyway
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
If your thinking of doing a course which requires coursework I dont think thats possible for self-study... my advice is to just pick something easy like rs or citizenship. you only really need 9 gcses anyway
Citizenship isn't an option for private candidates as the centre has to verify they've completed a project. RS is an option, also Business Studies, Psychology, Law, History, a language, Sociology...
blobfish123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
geography is fantastic to self teach.
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ItzLexiii)
Need to pick a GCSE to self study completely on my own, what's an easy yet helpful gcse to take?

French
English
ICT
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

(PS; since I'm already taking French & English, maybe something around one of these languages would be easy enough? Idk, it doesn't have to be a language tho, anything helps)
geography latin or rs x
blueberrybowl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
geography or psychology are quite nice options imo. i’d also recommend spanish, it’s somewhat similar to french, the only downside is you don’t want to get the two mixed up! x
ItzLexiii
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thx everyone!!
icarus04
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ItzLexiii)

French
English
ICT
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

Hey, I have self studied Enviro Management (which was quite easy) and so was English and Sociology to self study. All the best!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed