Please help i'm really stressing... retakes crisis urgent

Watch
Study6076
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So basically I want to retake combined science (89), maths (8) , history (7), Psychology (7) and R.S (7).

In gcses i got 2 9s, 6 8s, and 3 7s??

Reasons
- I want to get a certain set of grades for my own satisfaction, as these stay with you for life
- I was given basically my mock grades which we did in Jan for my GCSE grades, problem is i didn't revise for these mocks( biggest mistake/regret of my life) and I know I would have improved by May as I was a few marks off the next grades for all the subjects I want to retake
- for oxbridge I need A* so I am definitely retaking the ones I got 7s in.
- I am taking chem,bio,psych and maths for a-levels so it would be good revision as I have forgotten most things and I am hoping to tutor soon after as it would be fresh in my mind

Problem
-The head of science spoke to me today and said she isnt allowing me to resit as it is not the worth the time and money to get half a grade higher
-she also said that if i get lower then unis have access to that info and it makes the CAGs look inaccurate
- I should focus on A-levels and she said that if i flop mocks which are in Dec I am going to get kicked off the course
- She said it's my choice and if I really want to I can go private ( i really can't afford £150 )

UGhh what should i do??
Last edited by Study6076; 4 weeks ago
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't re-sit. You would be far better off concentrating on your A levels.
Study6076
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Compost)
Don't re-sit. You would be far better off concentrating on your A levels.
not even the 7s?? for oxbridge??
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Study6076)
not even the 7s?? for oxbridge??
It's been a funny year, universities will know that. You're already doing 4 A levels and education is still likely to be rather disrupted this year, so concentrate on nailing those A levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.29%
I'm not sure (24)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.79%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed