The Student Room Group

need help PICKING a GCSE to self study

Need to pick a GCSE to self study completely on my own, what's an easy yet helpful gcse to take?
Throw in some suggestions! Thx!

Subjects I'm already taking:
French
English
ICT
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

(PS; since I'm already taking French & English, maybe something around one of these languages would be easy enough? Idk, it doesn't have to be a language tho, anything helps)
Original post by ItzLexiii
Need to pick a GCSE to self study completely on my own, what's an easy yet helpful gcse to take?
Throw in some suggestions! Thx!

Subjects I'm already taking:
French
English
ICT
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

(PS; since I'm already taking French & English, maybe something around one of these languages would be easy enough? Idk, it doesn't have to be a language tho, anything helps)

If I had to choose I would pick biology because I genuinely find it easy. But the grades matter in sciences so I would recommend ICT!
Reply 2
Original post by deadroseex
If I had to choose I would pick biology because I genuinely find it easy. But the grades matter in sciences so I would recommend ICT!

Oh no these are subjects I'm already taking 😅
I need subjects that I can self study that are different from the ones listed above.
Reply 3
i.e what other subjects do u recommend?
Oh no these are subjects I'm already taking 😅
I need subjects that I can self study that are different from the ones listed above.

I misread that 😂. Therefore, I think you should do sociology or geography or RE. I think RE would be the easiest.
i.e what other subjects do u recommend?

Why are you wanting to take another GCSE? You need to choose one without coursework ...
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Why are you wanting to take another GCSE? You need to choose one without coursework ...

Would gcse Spanish work? And I need another gcse so that I'd have 8 subjects
Would gcse Spanish work? And I need another gcse so that I'd have 8 subjects

Not unless school will help with the orals/aurals.

Surely your English is 2 GCSEs?
Reply 8
Not unless school will help with the orals/aurals.

Surely your English is 2 GCSEs?

Nope. We're only taking English language, without English Literature : P
My school has a lack of teachers soo yeah
Nope. We're only taking English language, without English Literature : P
My school has a lack of teachers soo yeah

Which country are you in? What about RS? Can you talk to your teachers and see if they will help?
Reply 10
Which country are you in? What about RS? Can you talk to your teachers and see if they will help?

Yeah RS could work, and no I don't think teachers would be able to help... They'll just provide me with the book and past papers and I'll have to study it all on my own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending