The Student Room Group

my friend is losing iman

so i spoke to a friend 2 day and hes been having doubts about Islam, he didn't pray 5x so it was expected since prayer=closer to God.

He doesn't seem convinced. I told him all the facts i knew and miracles of the Quran ectect and hes like 'yea i know that'

how do i get him back on the truth?

pref non muslims, or non islamophobes that will be like hurr durr 'hes right lmao'

Scroll to see replies

All you can do is suggest him to do a few things to get back into the faith. If he doesn’t want to or shows no interest, there’s not much you can say/do.
You can't do much if he drifts tbh. The society nowadays is so different & loads of influence takes place. In Islam it is said you should tell them right/wrong. If they don't listen you've done your role and it's up to them. I know it is hard seeing a friend drift but keep him in your prayers and always try helping them where you can!
So sorry to hear that's happening! xx
Original post by 5hyl33n
All you can do is suggest him to do a few things to get back into the faith. If he doesn’t want to or shows no interest, there’s not much you can say/do.

im not gonna think too much into it. i'll msg him some videos and if hes still doubting then i'll let him be!
Not much you can do, unfortunately. If you're his friend, you'll respect his beliefs and decisions whether you agree with them or not.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by deadroseex
You can't do much if he drifts tbh. The society nowadays is so different & loads of influence takes place. In Islam it is said you should tell them right/wrong. If they don't listen you've done your role and it's up to them. I know it is hard seeing a friend drift but keep him in your prayers and always try helping them where you can!
So sorry to hear that's happening! xx

Original post by Theloniouss
Not much you can do, unfortunately. If you're his friend, you'll respect his beliefs and decisions, whether you agree with them or not.

wouldn't say we're close more like the hi bye type that has a long convo first time today. but yea its kinda annoying.
i'll respect em if he chooses to believe otherwise.

ye islam says there is no compulsion and we should respect others!
Reply 6
In the end its up to him, like others have said theres not much you can do. As a friend you should be there to support him with whatever he decides he believes.
It's all on him, all I can advise u as a fellow muslim is to constantly have him in ur prayers. Dont underestimate the power of prayer :smile:
Original post by HumbleBee_x
It's all on him, all I can advise u as a fellow muslim is to constantly have him in ur prayers. Dont underestimate the power of prayer :smile:

i've got so many duas to make. myself, family, some online friends. how do i remember them all? i'll try add his social media to send him lectures or something ahah :smile: as well as the occasional duas if i remember!
Original post by heyitsyaboy1
im not gonna think too much into it. i'll msg him some videos and if hes still doubting then i'll let him be!

I don't know if that is a wise move... you might just push him away.
What do u suggest i do?
Leave him. As the Q'uran and Surah writes: Allah guides whom he wills and lets astray whom he wills. And whomsoever Allah sends astray, none can guide him.
Reply 12
If he doesn't believe in religion then let him be, nobody likes people who get pushy with it.
Original post by heyitsyaboy1
so i spoke to a friend 2 day and hes been having doubts about Islam, he didn't pray 5x so it was expected since prayer=closer to God.

He doesn't seem convinced. I told him all the facts i knew and miracles of the Quran ectect and hes like 'yea i know that'

how do i get him back on the truth?

pref non muslims, or non islamophobes that will be like hurr durr 'hes right lmao'

It would seem that your "facts" and "miracles" aren't that convincing.

Why are you trying to convince him? Inshallah?
Your friend may prefer not to practice the religion the same way that you do or may have become atheist or agnostic.
Either way, it is his choice to make.
Best not to say anything about religion unless he asks for your opinion.
You don't want to come across as an annoying religious zealot who tries to force their opinions onto others like the jehovah's witness door knocking teams do.
Original post by Bio 7
If he doesn't believe in religion then let him be, nobody likes people who get pushy with it.

Original post by londonmyst
Your friend may prefer not to practice the religion the same way that you do or may have become atheist or agnostic.
Either way, it is his choice to make.
Best not to say anything about religion unless he asks for your opinion.
You don't want to come across as an annoying religious zealot who tries to force their opinions onto others like the jehovah's witness door knocking teams do.

It was the first time we spoke today about religion... I didn't try convince or push him into anything at all. I just asked him if he prayed and that id send some vids to him.

Where are you all getting that im being annoying or bombarding him with stuff from?
Original post by RogerOxon
It would seem that your "facts" and "miracles" aren't that convincing.

Why are you trying to convince him? Inshallah?

Not really. He just didn't have his prayers answered. Can't have your wishes answered if you don't pray.

Mash Allah you know some arabic! I know some people that could help you take the Shahada!!!
Original post by HumbleBee_x

I've always wondered? Do people seriously believe in the power of prayer?

If God is willing to intervene with free will and alter the outcome of a life, then why doesn't he help children being tortured or adults being tortured? Or raped
How does disagreeing with Islam make you an islamophobe.

It's his life and he's free to do as he wishes, you have no business questioning it or trying to put him on the 'right path'.
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
How does disagreeing with Islam make you an islamophobe.

It's his life and he's free to do as he wishes, you have no business questioning it or trying to put him on the 'right path'.

Well islamaphobia is defined as partly just the disliking of Islam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending