Fredericks1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,

Would it be more advantageous (more likely to get an offer) generally if an applicant was predicted A*A*A*A* vs A*A*A*A or does it not matter?

More info: Applying for Computer Science
A* Maths, A* Further Maths, A* Physics, A* Chemistry
vs
A* Maths, A* Further Maths, A* Physics, A Chemistry

Also, if I did get an offer, would it be more likely to be a 4 A level offer or a 3 A level offer?

I look forward to your replies and thank you so much!
Last edited by Fredericks1; 1 month ago
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on the subject with the A prediction, but almost certainly not. I've never managed to find information on this that isn't subject-specific though.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fredericks1)
Hi all,

Would it be more advantageous (more likely to get an offer) generally if an applicant was predicted A*A*A*A* vs A*A*A*A or does it not matter?

I look forward to your reply and thank you so much!
I wouldn't even bother applying unless you have 5 A* predictions.
--
Unless the A is in a key subject to what your applying for its unlikely to make any impact as this will more then surpass what A-level predictions you need to not get filtered out before interview.
Fredericks1
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
I wouldn't even bother applying unless you have 5 A* predictions.
--
Unless the A is in a key subject to what your applying for its unlikely to make any impact as this will more then surpass what A-level predictions you need to not get filtered out before interview.
Thank your for your reply

If I did get an offer, would it be more likely to be a 4 A level offer or a 3 A level offer?
heyitsyaboy1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

If I did get an offer, would it be more likely to be a 4 A level offer or a 3 A level offer?
Look on the course page and see what it says, id imagine 3 A-levels if I had to guess.
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all,

More info: Applying for Computer Science
A* Maths, A* Further Maths, A* Physics, A* Chemistry
vs
A* Maths, A* Further Maths, A* Physics, A Chemistry

Also, if I did get an offer, would it be more likely to be a 4 A level offer or a 3 A level offer?

I look forward to your replies and thank you so much!
for computer science it does not really matter because you are predicted A*s in maths further maths and physics. Just focus on the other parts of your application
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

It'll likely be 3, but with an A* in FM.
Fredericks1
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Look on the course page and see what it says, id imagine 3 A-levels if I had to guess.
Yes but I assume the course page refers to those doing 3 A levels, the typical offer for an applicant doing 3 Alevels may be A*A*A, But! is the typical offer for an applicant doing 4 A levels still A*A*A or A*A*AA?
royalty1702
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
yeah but with cambridge they can be nasty with their offers! So let's say the entry requirements are A*A*A, they could give you that offer but specify that you need to get A*A*(FM, physics)A, basically asking you to get 3A*s as almost everyone who gets an A* in further maths gets an A* in maths.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by royalty1702)
yeah but with cambridge they can be nasty with their offers! So let's say the entry requirements are A*A*A, they could give you that offer but specify that you need to get A*A*(FM, physics)A, basically asking you to get 3A*s as almost everyone who gets an A* in further maths gets an A* in maths.
Yes they can do what they want.
They set the standard how they see fit.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes but I assume the course page refers to those doing 3 A levels, the typical offer for an applicant doing 3 Alevels may be A*A*A, But! is the typical offer for an applicant doing 4 A levels still A*A*A or A*A*AA?
Email admissions if you want more specific info. Most unis specify online if they change the offer for 4 A-levels.
hajima
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by royalty1702)
It's not just that they can do this, it's routine for many of the colleges to ask for an A* in FM.
royalty1702
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hajima)
It's not just that they can do this, it's routine for many of the colleges to ask for an A* in FM.
yeah and most people make it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.3%
I'm not sure (59)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (371)
29.3%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.92%
I'm not a current university student (618)
48.82%

Watched Threads