SleepyBeans
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My room is a flipping box, with some stained pin boards and around two steps of space.

And honestly I wouldn’t find that bad if it wasn’t the darkest room, I swear to God, in the whole accommodation block.
I have to have my lights on all the time and they are these fluorescent lights that just hurt my eyes.

I wanted some ideas on how to make it a bit more liveable.
I originally wanted to bring some of my plants and just grow some more plants and herbs, but I honestly don’t think any of them will survive in that room so I will not be doing that.

It’s also painted bright yellow but it’s sort of dulled and just... Pukey?
Last edited by SleepyBeans; 4 weeks ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rachana.L)
My room is a flipping box, with some stained pin boards and around two steps of space.

And honestly I wouldn’t find that bad if it wasn’t the darkest room, I swear to God, in the whole accommodation block.
I have to have my lights on all the time and they are these fluorescent lights that just hurt my eyes.

I wanted some ideas on how to make it a bit more liveable.
I originally wanted to bring some of my plants and just grow some more plants and herbs, but I honestly don’t think any of them will survive in that room so I will not be doing that.

It’s also painted bright yellow but it’s sort of dulled and just... Pukey?
Wilko's or b&m has lovely plastic plants , have you got anywhere that you can put a decent lamp down?
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hm, my first year room was entirely stereotypical right down to a stolen road sign and a Pink Floyd poster on the wall :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.28%
I'm not sure (8)
2.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.22%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.33%
I'm not a current university student (137)
45.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed