URGENT: Is Mass Communications A Good Degree?

Watch
Official Bedhead
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
These degrees have had really mixed reception. The degree seems good but if it really isn’t worth it; I’m not confident paying for it with my family. I would rather do something than Creative Writing or Film instead. Please give me honest answers. People who have or haven’t done it.
Last edited by Official Bedhead; 4 weeks ago
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Official Bedhead)
These degrees have had really mixed reception. The degree seems good but if it really isn’t worth it; I’m not confident paying for it with my family. I would rather do something than Creative Writing or Film instead. Please give me honest answers. People who have or haven’t done it.
Hi Official Bedhead,

When picking a course theres lots of things worth considering whether that be career prospects, student satisfaction, campus or city based, location, cost etc. If you can find a degree that you really like the sound of and are passionate about then it would be beneficial for you to follow that dream. If you do a degree you aren't sure on then there is the risk that you won't enjoy it and subsequently may not have the same level of commitment.
With regards to jobs after university, lots of careers and organisations will ask for a degree in any discipline or a subject relevant degree as opposed to one specific one

Hope this helps!
Millie
Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (55)
15.54%
I'm not sure (9)
2.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
34.46%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.69%
I'm not a current university student (162)
45.76%

Watched Threads