tireddddstudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi!
I have my LNAT in just over a week and I’ve been using Arbitio to practise. I’ve done around 4 practice tests but I’m so disappointed with my scores. I’m averaging around 18 and I know I need to do much better. Does anyone have any tips or reassurance??
ritrit
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don't have to worry I guess. As the Arbiter is meant to be harder and ambiguous than the real LNAT. If you score like 18 and above thats quite good.
kp07l
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Firstly from someone who took the LNAT and is now at a non-LNAT uni: don't worry too much about it. There are loads of universities that don't need you to sit the LNAT to get an offer and are really great, so if you don't quite get the score you need it doesn't matter. Plus remember there's no fixed mark you need to achieve, it's about how the other people sitting it do.
Secondly, 18 is not a bad score at all especially with Arbitio. My LNAT score was in the mid twenties and I had an offer from Bristol and interviewed at Oxford. I can't remember exactly but in my year group cohort average was around 20 I think. That's hardly far from 18. And that's with a whole week left for you to practise too!! When I sat mine I definitely sat a lot more than 4 practise tests and my beginning scores were honestly abysmal, way lower than 18 for sure. Don't fixate on the number but rather look at how you're approaching the questions. Some tips i'd give you are:

- What's the 'typical' type of question you fall over on, and why do you think you tend to slip up there?
- Do you think you're reading and comprehending every aspect of each question before you select your answers?
- Are you speeding through the test too quickly? Or on the other hand- is the time limit losing you marks?
- Are you proofreading?

Hope this helps. and good luck!!!!!
tireddddstudent
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi guys, thanks for your lovely responses. i have been practicing so hard and developing my technique and im just about seeing results. fingers crossed i can keep this up
tireddddstudent
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
my lnat is in the next few days and the weird thing is i’m getting good scores on arbitio (28/29) but when i take tests from the lnat website i’ll be getting like 16. idk why??!
funim
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How many hours a day do you do of Arbitio?
ritrit
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tireddddstudent)
my lnat is in the next few days and the weird thing is i’m getting good scores on arbitio (28/29) but when i take tests from the lnat website i’ll be getting like 16. idk why??!
Don't worry you will be fine. Try to do the simulator in the LNAT website. If you get a 28/29 on Arbitio I think you are good to go. I got my LNATs too I range from 22 to 34 in my Arbitio. if that makes you feel any better I am scared too so don't worry I think you will do much better.
tireddddstudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by ritrit)
Don't worry you will be fine. Try to do the simulator in the LNAT website. If you get a 28/29 on Arbitio I think you are good to go. I got my LNATs too I range from 22 to 34 in my Arbitio. if that makes you feel any better I am scared too so don't worry I think you will do much better.
the problem is with the stimulator is that i tried it so many times like in july that ik what the answers would roughly be :/// your scores sound amazing, don’t be scared i’m sure you’ll do fab
tireddddstudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by funim)
How many hours a day do you do of Arbitio?
I can’t even think tbh, maybe like (in the last 10 days), i’ve done about 3/4 hours a night?
ritrit
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tireddddstudent)
the problem is with the stimulator is that i tried it so many times like in july that ik what the answers would roughly be :/// your scores sound amazing, don’t be scared i’m sure you’ll do fab
Just do more of Arbitio... don't worry about the result just give it your best short because whatever you do for your LNAT now will improve your scores when you do your exams
alana.s
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
me too please
koongli48
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If anyone would be so kind as to lend me their arbitio account (especially if you've completed your test) I'd be extremely grateful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (70)
15.02%
I'm not sure (16)
3.43%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (156)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.72%
I'm not a current university student (216)
46.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed