I want to apply for University but I'm not sure if they will accept me because:

Watch
ChloeePosey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So back in 2015 I went to college for a few months and in that time my mental health was very bad so I only managed to stay in college till December, because some major things happened which were due to my mental health and being in hospital etc, so now we are in 2020 and my mental health hasn't really got any better but because of this I haven't been able to go college or university. So hat I'm asking is it possible to go to University at this age as I have no a-levels and I don't even remember the grades I got in school tbh, but I really really want to be able go to University do a course and actually get something in my life but I don't know where to start.
Last edited by ChloeePosey; 2 months ago
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Which subject would you want to study? Do you have a particular University in mind?
ChloeePosey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Which subject would you want to study? Do you have a particular University in mind?
City of Bristol would be the one in mind, and the subject I would like to do is something around like mental health or health and social care.
RebeccaB_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don’t think you’d be able to go straight to uni but you could definitely still get there! Look into foundation courses and applied courses that are A Level equivalents.
ChloeePosey
Rep:
?
(Original post by RebeccaB_x)
I don’t think you’d be able to go straight to uni but you could definitely still get there! Look into foundation courses and applied courses that are A Level equivalents.
okay thank you very much, I'll definitely look into that
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you don't have the a-levels required, then you could look into doing an Access to Higher Education course at your local collage first and maybe get some work experience in the field too
ChloeePosey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moana92)
If you don't have the a-levels required, then you could look into doing an Access to Higher Education course at your local collage first and maybe get some work experience in the field too
yes that's another thing I could look into thank you.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ChloeePosey)
yes that's another thing I could look into thank you.
You could also look at the OU.
ChloeePosey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
You could also look at the OU.
oh the open university, yeh that's an idea too but then that's all at home isn't it so I won't be able to make friends etc right?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ChloeePosey)
oh the open university, yeh that's an idea too but then that's all at home isn't it so I won't be able to make friends etc right?
Yes true - especially as their 'get togethers' are suspended at the moment.

I'd recommend an Access to HE course wherever you decide - good luck!
ChloeePosey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Yes true - especially as their 'get togethers' are suspended at the moment.

I'd recommend an Access to HE course wherever you decide - good luck!
thank you very much, I'm going to look into a HE course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.07%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (714)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads