A Level Drama and Theatre Studies (Edexcel) Essay Structure

Watch this thread
MrMattelicious
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, Can anyone send me an essay structure for a question like this (it's 18 marks) or an example essay please? thanksAs a performer, outline how you would use Fo’s influence to create impact on the audience in the portrayal of the Maniac in this extract. Your answer should make reference to the performance text as a whole.this question is about accidental death of an anarchist by dario fo
15rboakye
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
Hi , did you find the answer you were looking for? i am really struggling lol.
MrMattelicious
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by 15rboakye)
Hi , did you find the answer you were looking for? i am really struggling lol.
Hi, Here is what ive been told:
Source 1:

Intro:
1. When was the play written/set, by who and in what style
2. Show connection between the themes of the play and my interpretation
And I usually use PEAR
P- point
E- evidence
A- audience
R- relating back to the question or another play

Source 2:
Costume is a tricky one and requires a slightly different structure - rather than lots of little paras, you'll want three more chunky ones.

In your introduction, speak about this scene, how your costume design will affect your piece, and probably something stylistic (Commedia Dell'Arte, Epic Theatre etc.).

For each paragraph, and I'd do three, speak about your design, justify it, and link it back to the extract. Balance Content and Justification around 50/50.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So basically
Intro
then 3-5 paragraphs
and conclusion
Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.83%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.73%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.11%

Watched Threads