maja w
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
how hard would it be to do 4 levels? I'm thinking of doing biology, french, English lit and history. my GCSE predicted grades are all 8s or 9s
Emily5243
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by maja w)
how hard would it be to do 4 levels? I'm thinking of doing biology, french, English lit and history. my GCSE predicted grades are all 8s or 9s
It's definitely hard. Even 3 A levels is hard. But if you put the effort in from the start and work consistently, then it's manageable. You could try with 4 to begin with to see how hard it will be for you and then you can drop one if it becomes too difficult to manage
username4812684
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
French can probably drag you down if you are not very good at it. I did 4 but Italian was my native language.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No - most schools won't allow it.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It will be tricky, because it's a lot of work. Biology alone is extremely content heavy, and they all are tbh (I'm not that knowledgeable about French though). If you're hardworking and willing to sacrifice other things e.g. your social life and potentially a job (if you were thinking about it) then you can do it. But you really do need to be dedicated and willing to devote your time to them. I took 4 AS-Levels and that was so draining, I couldn't imagine taking them for the full 2 years.
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless you have a phenomenal memory I think this will be tough as there is a lot of content to learn!

I personally did maths, f. Maths, physics and geog and found the maths and physics easier than geog because they were like one subject and very interrelated. Geog I found hard because it was very essay based.

There will be a lot of essays for english lit, history, and a lot of verbs and vocab for french and a lot of long names to learn for bio.

Good luck whatever you decide.
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lancpe2002)
French can probably drag you down if you are not very good at it. I did 4 but Italian was my native language.
Buongiorno! I love italians and italian women! I love dolomiti and the mountains in general! Such a beautiful country!
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are going to do A-level maths, then don't pick 4 subjects.
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
It will be tricky, because it's a lot of work. Biology alone is extremely content heavy, and they all are tbh (I'm not that knowledgeable about French though). If you're hardworking and willing to sacrifice other things e.g. your social life and potentially a job (if you were thinking about it) then you can do it. But you really do need to be dedicated and willing to devote your time to them. I took 4 AS-Levels and that was so draining, I couldn't imagine taking them for the full 2 years.
I was so confused after doing 4AS levels lol. I did 4 with the plan to drop one, but I did better in geography than physics :facepalm: so ended up carrying on with all four, expecting to drop one by xmas but ended up carrying on all 4 to end of A2 because I was so indecisive about which one to drop!

Luckily lady luck was on my side and I got 4A’s 🙊
username4812684
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by boulderingislife)
Buongiorno! I love italians and italian women! I love dolomiti and the mountains in general! Such a beautiful country!
Bad luck mate I'm a guy hahahah.
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bad luck mate I'm a guy hahahah.
Never assumed you were a girl :rolleyes:. Just sharing my love of all things italian haha. And omg. Some of the napoli women are hot af too :eek: Went on a uni field trip there and thought i was in heaven lol
username4812684
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by boulderingislife)
Never assumed you were a girl :rolleyes:. Just sharing my love of all things italian haha. And omg. Some of the napoli women are hot af too :eek: Went on a uni field trip there and thought i was in heaven lol
No way hahahahahah, I know that's completely off topic but I think British girls are much better than Italian ones, especially from Napoli :confused:
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No way hahahahahah, I know that's completely off topic but I think British girls are much better than Italian ones, especially from Napoli :confused:
Well not talking of the hookers. Talking about the real women. I prefer italian women over british women any day! Brit women are just ****s; they spread their legs for anything. No class.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (174)
14.51%
I'm not sure (56)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (350)
29.19%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.92%
I'm not a current university student (584)
48.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed