Do you constantly replay conversations in you're head, or are you a normal person

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have this habit of replaying certain conversations and situations that I have had with certain people. The conversation could have happened an hour ago or a few months ago. I usually overthink about what I did, what I said, what I should've said and what they said. I think about how awkward I was.

It's sad Ik cause the people probably don't even remember or care lool but I'm like this a lot, even if you are a stranger it could happen.
BlackkQueen12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
meee!!!!
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, thats a relatively normal thing to do. Just make sure your not obsessing over it.
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I do that especially if I regret something I said. I'm still annoyed about things I did in year 4.
And then I somehow can't remember to take my bike lock key out when I lock it up...
Nobody7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeh this happens to me all the time lol. It's funny how certain people can have a big impact on you and they will never even know about it.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes.
Particularly after a few drinks.
Raymondsantos
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh my days. That is literally me. I replay conversations months or years after. At the time I think nothing of them, but as the months or years pass by, I contemplate on those old conversations and start to worry and overthink on them. :/
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sometimes I do this if it's something which particularly sticks in my mind.
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Normal thing to do.

I usually just replay human interactions I've previously had since I don't really get them that often,

Just your mind having a bit of fun
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes but weirdly I’m worse with emails and texts I send. Especially when they don’t reply afterwards.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
This happens to me a lot, I was always an over thinker but it’s a bit excessive now. I still think about conversations I had years ago and I start replaying my words literally as they leave my mouth and it’s a never ending cringe fest 🤢

If you ever find yourself replaying a conversation excessively, try to focus on what the other person said, if you can’t remember in detail what they said then what are the chances of them remembering what you said?
Synergy~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Used to. Not anymore thank god ;”)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads