The Student Room Group

Should I resist year 12?

Do I re sit Year 12? Im currently in year 13 , In my AS I got these grades at AS level
Physics - C
Biology-D
Chemistry - D
Will I be at any disadvantage application wise for uni if I re sit year 12 ?
I also meant to say resit in the title I promise I can spell
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Don't worry about your grades!!
For me, year 12 was an overload of information and I did not understand anything ahaha. My mock grades were ADE.(Spanish,chemistry,biology) In year 13, everything you learn links to year 12 information so you have the chance to recap what you learnt and make sure you thoroughly know it and have revision material. Year 12 is the beginning and struggled to understand the content but in year 13 all the pieces came together and my brain clicked and thought how did I not understand year 12 content as year 13 content is with more detail and thorough. For my Level grades I ended up getting A*BB! trust me the information in year 13 will just click.
Reply 2
Original post by alexem12
Don't worry about your grades!!
For me, year 12 was an overload of information and I did not understand anything ahaha. My mock grades were ADE.(Spanish,chemistry,biology) In year 13, everything you learn links to year 12 information so you have the chance to recap what you learnt and make sure you thoroughly know it and have revision material. Year 12 is the beginning and struggled to understand the content but in year 13 all the pieces came together and my brain clicked and thought how did I not understand year 12 content as year 13 content is with more detail and thorough. For my Level grades I ended up getting A*BB! trust me the information in year 13 will just click.

That actually makes me a lot more comfortable with staying in year 13, Thankyou so much and well done on your grades
Reply 3
I’m glad I could help :smile:)) and thank You! I am sure you’ll smash it too!

Quick Reply

Latest