The Student Room Group

Dealing with stress

I have a friend who literally goes off grid sometimes for weeks when they are stressed. They completely shut down. Is this normal? I want to be there for him but he just disappears
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have a friend who literally goes off grid sometimes for weeks when they are stressed. They completely shut down. Is this normal? I want to be there for him but he just disappears

Hi, I think people deal with stress in different ways! If this is how he deals with it and it works for him, then just let him know when he shows back up that you are there for him..
Reply 2
Original post by Abzzz57
Hi, I think people deal with stress in different ways! If this is how he deals with it and it works for him, then just let him know when he shows back up that you are there for him..

Thanks :smile: is a month a long time to go without speaking? Like if you have a lot going on
Hi. Maybe just send him a quick text message or however you message each other. Say something like you hope he is keeping well and if he wants to talk you are there for him. You might think that sounds like a bit of a wishy washy thing to say to another lad. But i'm sure he will appreciate it.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks :smile: is a month a long time to go without speaking? Like if you have a lot going on

Ah it depends, if it's usual for him to go a month without talking to you then I wouldn't worry.. but if it's normally a week or so at a time and this time it's a lot longer then I would check in with him just to make sure everything is okay.. a month seems like a long time but it could just be that he is coping with a lot and it's taking a bit longer to work through it? If that makes sense!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending