mea.culpa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have withdrawn my application from PGCE school direct. The deadline for free of charge withdrawal is Friday, 25th. I informed my school, do I need to come to school tomorrow? Do I have any obligations?
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mea.culpa)
I have withdrawn my application from PGCE school direct. The deadline for free of charge withdrawal is Friday, 25th. I informed my school, do I need to come to school tomorrow? Do I have any obligations?
I quit pgce uni after a day! Didnt like the pedagogy stuff. Also scared of the wild kids in state comps! Why did u quit?
mea.culpa
Rep:
?
(Original post by boulderingislife)
I quit pgce uni after a day! Didnt like the pedagogy stuff. Also scared of the wild kids in state comps! Why did u quit?
I have absolutely no support from my mentor, kids are fine, but I was not offered any scheme of work, this is my third week there and I haven’t seen any lesson plan, I was not introduced to parents and carers as a trainee teacher, I was only asked to slice the sheets of paper, photocopy and print documents, greet parents at the gates and work as a TA with Sen kids. I have so much stuff to do for my assignment and there was no support at all. I have to pay my own fees and I refuse to do it, but I wouldn’t even take a loan if I was eligible. To pay almost 10,000£ for this is abnormal. I will fail this course with a mentor like this, I don’t even wish to talk to ULT because this approach has put me off teaching instantly
Last edited by mea.culpa; 1 month ago
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have absolutely no support from my mentor, kids are fine, but I was not offered any scheme of work, this is my third week there and I haven’t seen any lesson plan, I was not introduced to parents and carers as a trainee teacher, I was only asked to slice the sheets of paper, photocopy and print documents, greet parents at the gates and work as a TA with Sen kids. I have so much stuff to do for my assignment and there was no support at all. I have to pay my own fees and I refuse to do it, but I wouldn’t even take a loan if I was eligible. To pay almost 10,000£ for this is abnormal. I will fail this course with a mentor like this, I don’t even wish to talk to ULT because this approach has put me off teaching instantly
I swear in the schools direct route it is the school that pays the fees? I thought that was how it worked? Research it and report the school if it is against the rules.
mea.culpa
Rep:
?
I swear in the schools direct route it is the school that pays the fees? I thought that was how it worked? Research it and report the school if it is against the rules.
There are salaried and non-salaried routes. I applied for non-salaried, don’t ask me why, I wasn’t very experienced when I was applying. But anyway, I thought I was investing in my future, but this is absurd
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are salaried and non-salaried routes. I applied for non-salaried, don’t ask me why, I wasn’t very experienced when I was applying. But anyway, I thought I was investing in my future, but this is absurd
I feel u bro. What’re your plans for the future?
mea.culpa
Rep:
?
I feel u bro. What’re your plans for the future?
Apply for civil service jobs, I have very good analytical skills. I really wanted to help a lot of kids, but I don’t want to be an ofsted robot. Just a question: is Dobby free now? The school for some reason asked me to come until Friday, I guess they need a free TA
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Apply for civil service jobs, I have very good analytical skills. I really wanted to help a lot of kids, but I don’t want to be an ofsted robot. Just a question: is Dobby free now? The school for some reason asked me to come until Friday, I guess they need a free TA
What is Dobby? If you got nothing to do, go in for a few days. I’ve actually applied to my local school to volunteer my time to help tutor kids maths but they obviously not need on the idea. Not heard back from them in over 2 weeks.
mea.culpa
Rep:
?
What is Dobby? If you got nothing to do, go in for a few days. I’ve actually applied to my local school to volunteer my time to help tutor kids maths but they obviously not need on the idea. Not heard back from them in over 2 weeks.
Dobby is a house elf ) no, I will not attend the school because I am not employed, it’s weird to stay their every day for 8 hours for free, I would rather help my elderly neighbours ) my mentor is on leadership pay scale, his employed TA is on 18,000 I guess, he will help him but not me 😃
Last edited by mea.culpa; 1 month ago
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dobby is a house elf ) no, I will not attend the school because I am not employed, it’s weird to stay their every day for 8 hours for free, I would rather help my elderly neighbours ) my mentor is on leadership pay scale, his employed TA is on 18,000 I guess, he will help him but not me 😃
The more i think about it the more i ask myself what the point of unfunded school direct is! Lol. Total bs! You’re basically paying the school to work. Worse than slave labour! Jeezus!
mea.culpa
Rep:
?
The more i think about it the more i ask myself what the point of unfunded school direct is! Lol. Total bs! You’re basically paying the school to work. Worse than slave labour! Jeezus!
Oh yes, this is shocking. In April they told me I would have been paid according to unqualified pay scale, but yesterday it turned out that they thought I was on a salaried route, that’s why they said it. Goodness, I felt like an eejit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads