Cupcakes1234567
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Can any medical students recommend android tablets that are good for note taking? I have done some research but I'm not sure which to get Thanks
Advertisement
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cupcakes1234567)
Can any medical students recommend android tablets that are good for note taking? I have done some research but I'm not sure which to get Thanks
I would just get a Galaxy Note or something with a stylus built-in.

You don't even need to latest, most expensive one - just any big screen phone compatible with a stylus.

If you must have a tablet, read this: https://www.creativebloq.com/feature...nd-note-taking

Finally, make sure your med school isn't giving you one for free, otherwise it would be a waste of money!
username5177602
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not a medical student myself, so I'm not going to say that this is 100% the case, but it might be worth holding out as from what I've gathered medical students are generally given iPads to use, so I'd wait to see whether you get one as it's better to be in a position where you haven't bought something and know you should buy it, and then going out and buying it than it is to be in a position to have bought something, realise you don't need it and then end up having to sell it at a loss. If you find out that you don't get one, or just don't get along with iPadOS then it might be worth looking at your options. But it's not worth jumping straight into buying something you might not benefit from.
Advertisement
Cupcakes1234567
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluewolf21)
I'm not a medical student myself, so I'm not going to say that this is 100% the case, but it might be worth holding out as from what I've gathered medical students are generally given iPads to use, so I'd wait to see whether you get one as it's better to be in a position where you haven't bought something and know you should buy it, and then going out and buying it than it is to be in a position to have bought something, realise you don't need it and then end up having to sell it at a loss. If you find out that you don't get one, or just don't get along with iPadOS then it might be worth looking at your options. But it's not worth jumping straight into buying something you might not benefit from.
Thanks but I'm starting med school at the beginning of October & my med school don't give out Ipads for 1st years (or tablets for that matter lol)
username5177602
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks but I'm starting med school at the beginning of October & my med school don't give out Ipads for 1st years (or tablets for that matter lol)
What's your budget?
Advertisement
Cupcakes1234567
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluewolf21)
What's your budget?
No more than £500
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No more than £500
Wow, that's a lot for a tablet

For yours truly, when he started medical school, he bought a massive desktop computer for £399. Got his old computer monitor and used that in the accommodation. He then used pen and paper to write down the notes!

Then in 3rd year, he bought a netbook (remember those?) for clinical placements, approximately £200.

(I don't know why I'm talking about myself in the third person, must be too tired)
Advertisement
username5177602
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No more than £500
I'd say the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is probably going to be the best option in your budget at £350 including the S Pen.
Cupcakes1234567
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)

For yours truly, when he started medical school, he bought a massive desktop computer for £399. Got his old computer monitor and used that in the accommodation. He then used pen and paper to write down the notes!

Then in 3rd year, he bought a netbook (remember those?) for clinical placements, approximately £200.

(I don't know why I'm talking about myself in the third person, must be too tired)
I have a laptop but I want to write my notes on a tablet, it'll be easier for me for various reasons
Advertisement
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have a laptop but I want to write my notes on a tablet, it'll be easier for me for various reasons
I understand, if tablets were a thing back when I was a med student I may have got one, who knows?

(There were Tablet PCs but they are basically laptops that fold back :lol: )

GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)

And in my day
Name:  Antique-Victorian-Childs-School-Writing-Slate-Chalk-Board.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  24.1 KB
Advertisement
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
And in my day
Name:  Antique-Victorian-Childs-School-Writing-Slate-Chalk-Board.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  24.1 KB
:rofl: :shakecane:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
16.04%
I'm not sure (8)
2.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.37%
I'm not a current university student (134)
45.73%

Watched Threads