The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

If you eat meat you are part of this problem. Go Vegan!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by onceuponatime1
Can you provide an overwhelming amount of credible and irrefutable evidence to suggest that being a carnivore is more morally justfied than being a vegan?

I don't think you understand Eco systems and farming....
Original post by 1st superstar
I never said that an ED was caused by veganism when I wrote that comment I meant that some people might not be able to be vegan BECAUSE they have an ED (being vegan can restrict your meal choices (I am aware that there are plenty of the fact that there are plenty or vegan meals out there)). The last bit is true but not always. I am a picky eater so becoming vegan is a big no-no sorry I refuse to become vegan or religious. You really need me to tell you that a bodybuilder will probably need a lot of protein so eating meat gives them a good amount protein?

Have you heard of vegan bodybuilders? https://www.greatveganathletes.com/category/vegan-bodybuilders/
How am I shoving my ideology down other people's throats? It is called discourse; if you do not want to hear it, then do not reply and acknowledge it. This is an open forum, and you have chosen to read what I have to say. That is a conscious choice you have made. Not happy with it? Tough luck, because free speech allows for intellectual discourse. Remember, facts do not care about your feelings.

Free speech scaremongering and harassment. This is the UK not the USA you and the OP's pro-vegan views are not going to convince non-vegans to become vegan, just like how religious people are not going to convince me to become religious again. People like you are the reason why vegans get a bad rep and why veganism get's compared to religion.
Original post by 7xm2
I don't think you understand Eco systems and farming....

I was expecting you to provide meta-analyses, case studies and scientific reports, but oh well.

Yeah many of them. Quit the diet and many take roids anyway
Thought this was going to be Ttingtox. But no “F uck humanity :angry: in sight
(edited 3 years ago)
I was expecting you to provide meta-analyses, case studies and scientific reports, but oh well.

Look sometimes you dint need scientific reports plus how sure are you taht your scientific report wasn't done by big pharma... Anyway it won't matter even if I did provide you with evidence but sometimes a bit of simple common sense goes along way...
Free speech scaremongering and harassment. This is the UK not the USA you and the OP's pro-vegan views are not going to convince non-vegans to become vegan, just like how religious people are not going to convince me to become religious again. People like you are the reason why vegans get a bad rep and why veganism get's compared to religion.

The aim is to simply educate others. No, it is militant vegans out on the street that are unable to justify their beliefs due to poor education that give vegans a bad reputation. Nonetheless, the moral philosophy of veganism will always remain upheld, and so no matter what reputation veganism gets, it is still morally justified.
Also I agree OP.
Have been trying to go vegan but struggling due to sheer habit. Have been pescatarian though for the past 4-5 years and enjoying it. Blood tests and energy levels are perfect.
Very limited dairy and fish too.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 7xm2

Right but steroids are also used by non-vegan bodybuilders. There is no direct correlation between steroids and the type of foods they consume. Bodybuilders either take steroids or not, irrespective of their food choices. Also, simply stating that they quit the diet does not make it true. A lot of them stick to it for ethical and health reasons. Look up Brian Turner on Youtube; really nice guy and has a really good physique!

Still doesn't hide the fact that some people can't go vegan due to health reasons and/or financial reasons or because their parents/family simply won't let them become vegan and vice versa (same applies to people who want to become meat eaters but can't due the reasons listed in this post).
Original post by Synergy~
Thought this was going to be Ttingtox. But no “F uck humanity :angry: in sight

I knew exactly who the OP was going be when I clicked on the thread.
Original post by 7xm2
Look sometimes you dint need scientific reports plus how sure are you taht your scientific report wasn't done by big pharma... Anyway it won't matter even if I did provide you with evidence but sometimes a bit of simple common sense goes along way...

So are you suggesting that we should say something and consider it to be true without any evidence? We need a standard of approval from somewhere, and meta-analyses, case studies and scientific reports are the appropriate and most reliable method of checking the validity of a claim. This is why I said an overwhelming amount of credible evidence, in that the evidence is sourced from various places, so that it is not just one place suggesting something and another something else. Feel free to provide evidence. I am open-minded and critical; I want to understand your viewpoint. That is the aim of intellectual discourse; to understand what you have to say and learn from you.
Original post by 7xm2

I think it's pretty safe to assume that they all take some form of PED.
Right but steroids are also used by non-vegan bodybuilders. There is no direct correlation between steroids and the type of foods they consume. Bodybuilders either take steroids or not, irrespective of their food choices. Also, simply stating that they quit the diet does not make it true. A lot of them stick to it for ethical and health reasons. Look up Brian Turner on Youtube; really nice guy and has a really good physique!

Well it's youtube and social media... Yes most take body builders and body building in itself isn't healthy once you have alot of muscles all I know is alot of vegans quit the diet and some admit they lied about there diet... Look the thing is this stop making everyone want to have your diet, I'm on a grass fed meat diet so no meat from supermarket and I've had many issues going away, no more fatigue, acne is going away etc... Maybe if your cult decided to change its yiur the problem hypocrite etc because you guys sound like many Christains I had to deal with..
Still doesn't hide the fact that some people can't go vegan due to health reasons and/or financial reasons or because their parents/family simply won't let them become vegan and vice versa (same applies to people who want to become meat eaters but can't due the reasons listed in this post).

Family not letting them? That is called oppression, and that is morally reprehensible, as that is restricting the inherent freedom of a human being. Adhering to a plant-based diet is not expensive; it is due to the stereotype of being vegan and buying from expensive places. My total cost of groceries per week for food is only £19, and I spent £11 a week on the appropriate supplements, to which are organic, natural, vegan, eco-friendly in terms of packaging and also digestable. Health reasons? Health implications from veganism only occur if you do not plan your diet right. You simply need to make sure you eat the right amount of a specific food. Veganism is perfectly feasible. Also, I am 19 and a student, and so my financial position is not sacrificed from being vegan.
Original post by 7xm2
Well it's youtube and social media... Yes most take body builders and body building in itself isn't healthy once you have alot of muscles all I know is alot of vegans quit the diet and some admit they lied about there diet... Look the thing is this stop making everyone want to have your diet, I'm on a grass fed meat diet so no meat from supermarket and I've had many issues going away, no more fatigue, acne is going away etc... Maybe if your cult decided to change its yiur the problem hypocrite etc because you guys sound like many Christains I had to deal with..

How is addressing a moral dilemma an issue? You dislike what we have to say because it goes against what you have done for perhaps the entirety of your life and now; which is using animal products. Why not be open-minded and try and see where vegans are coming from? In this thread, I have been myself and open-minded; I listen to others and ask them to provide evidence for their points, and we engage in excellent intellectual discourse. We all learn from each other, whether you are right or wrong, and so instead of labelling us as a cult and comparing us to people that have no correlation to us, why not change your stance and engage in discourse? You either provide the most valid argument or you learn something new. It is a win-win situation.
Idek man, I ask myself this question too 🤣 favouritism I guess lmao🤭
Original post by Synergy~
Also I agree OP.
Have been trying to go vegan but struggling due to sheer habit. Have been pescatarian though for the past 4-5 years and enjoying it. Blood tests and energy levels are perfect.
Very limited dairy and fish too.

Yeah why are you racist towards fish?
Original post by Raymondsantos
Yeah why are you racist towards fish?

:rofl3:

Didn’t expect to be attacked when posting here.
Idek. I don’t feel as bad for them for some reason. 🤣

Latest

Trending

Trending