Is this a downgrade

Watch
Forty eight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We are selling our Ford S Max 64 plate for a Ford Focus Active brand new, it’s going to be a 70 plate or 20. I just saw it now and thought would it have been better if we got the new S Max, I feel like we’re downgrading even though it’s brand new.
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Forty eight)
We are selling our Ford S Max 64 plate for a Ford Focus Active brand new, it’s going to be a 70 plate or 20. I just saw it now and thought would it have been better if we got the new S Max, I feel like we’re downgrading even though it’s brand new.
Depends what you are going to use the car for, the S Max is very much a people carrier car in my opinion. Whereas the ford focus is more of a family car which can also function as a sporty looking car.
Forty eight
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joshkav)
Depends what you are going to use the car for, the S Max is very much a people carrier car in my opinion. Whereas the ford focus is more of a family car which can also function as a sporty looking car.
It’s a focus active so it’s higher up than the normal focus
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s a focus active so it’s higher up than the normal focus
Each Focus is made for different activities, so wouldn't say one is higher than the other. The Focus Active kind of has an off road look and is positioned higher up than some of the other Focus's. So depends really on what you prefer. Mine is the Ford Focus St-Line, so has more of a sporty look than the Focus Active
Forty eight
Rep:
?
Each Focus is made for different activities, so wouldn't say one is higher than the other. The Focus Active kind of has an off road look and is positioned higher up than some of the other Focus's. So depends really on what you prefer. Mine is the Ford Focus St-Line, so has more of a sporty look than the Focus Active
I’d prefer the st line to be fair, yours is nice, it’s bright red and it’s a 2019 which was the year we had not COVID. Ours is just a dark blue I think
username5395306
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I downgraded and upgrading by going from a swift 1.3 to a nb mx5 1.8
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d prefer the st line to be fair, yours is nice, it’s bright red and it’s a 2019 which was the year we had not COVID. Ours is just a dark blue I think
As I said, it all comes down to what you want from the car and what you will be using it for. Personally I think the Focus is better. But without knowing your situation, I can't say which is better for you and your family
Forty eight
Rep:
?
As I said, it all comes down to what you want from the car and what you will be using it for. Personally I think the Focus is better. But without knowing your situation, I can't say which is better for you and your family
True, the s max has been a really good car though but hopefully we’ll enjoy the focus, it going to be used on the motorway often. Still think you bright red st line is better
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
True, the s max has been a really good car though but hopefully we’ll enjoy the focus, it going to be used on the motorway often. Still think you bright red st line is better
I still like the bright red as well. I only use my Focus for motorway driving and hasn't failed me.
Forty eight
Rep:
?
I still like the bright red as well. I only use my Focus for motorway driving and hasn't failed me.
What engine is it? Also can you please pick me up in it and we could go for a spin
Last edited by Forty eight; 1 month ago
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What engine is it?
1L Ecoboost
Forty eight
Rep:
?
1L Ecoboost
Pick me up in it
Nadim Chowdhury
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm going to chuck a massive spanner (probably won't even fit in a tool box) in there. Have a look at the honda jazz. Still has the magic seats, it is a hybrid and it's a honda. Win win win imo. But not the prettiest beast on the road. Up to you however
Forty eight
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
I'm going to chuck a massive spanner (probably won't even fit in a tool box) in there. Have a look at the honda jazz. Still has the magic seats, it is a hybrid and it's a honda. Win win win imo. But not the prettiest beast on the road. Up to you however
Focus is bigger we might get a civic next but we the this is going to be our 3rd Ford, we had a Ford Fiesta before the s max
Nadim Chowdhury
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Focus is bigger we might get a civic next but we the this is going to be our 3rd Ford, we had a Ford Fiesta before the s max
I see brand loyalty kicking in there. I'm more of a toyota and honda man, but I guess each to their own
Forty eight
Rep:
?
I see brand loyalty kicking in there. I'm more of a toyota and honda man, but I guess each to their own
Yes, Ford are good we used to have a Nissan almera before the Fiesta which was good but the body work was rusting so we just went with Ford to be fair
Nadim Chowdhury
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, Ford are good we used to have a Nissan almera before the Fiesta which was good but the body work was rusting so we just went with Ford to be fair
I like old nissans as well, but from the early 2000s when they were owned by renault I'm not a fan. The almera is one of the best last nissans imo
Forty eight
Rep:
?
I like old nissans as well, but from the early 2000s when they were owned by renault I'm not a fan. The almera is one of the best last nissans imo
Yes, it felt pretty futuristic for its age our almera and yes these new nissans are having problems
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads