username5384002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Biomedical science, Biochemistry, or Biology? Which one would be more beneficial for me if I dont get into medicine?
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by KueQ22)
Biomedical science, Biochemistry, or Biology? Which one would be more beneficial for me if I dont get into medicine?
Any of those would be fine. None of them are particularly similar to medicine anyway.
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It depends on what you mean by beneficial?

I am guessing you heart is in medicine but you don't believe you can get the grades. I suggest you shoot your shot and try your best. You have plenty of time to think of a back-up plan if you don't get into medicine.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Physician Associate if you wanted to work as a junior doctor role.

Reading and UCLan offer it at undergraduate level.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/exp...cian-associate
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Chiropractic medicine.
f.ga010301
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I'm a student of biomedical science at London metropolitan uni and honestly they all are beneficial in their own ways. I would say Biomed would be better as it is a catchment of all of them including bio, chem, maths etc. so you are learning all the subjects therefore gaining more skills and knowledge. if you decide to do graduate entry med after your degree you will need a minimum of a 2.1 in your degree for most unis. for individual entry requirements for med schools visit the medical school council website it's very helpful! Even if you do not decide to do a graduate entry med there re many job opportunities with a Biomed degree. visit the prospects website (just google biomedical science careers) and they have a long list of all your potential employers and jobs. If you would like more info about the Biomed, biochem, or bio course at LMU please feel free to google us and visit the course sites.

I hope this helps and good luck with whatever you decide to do!
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You're talking about a lifelong career vs a 3 year degree. So none of them.
username5384002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by f.ga010301)
Hi, I'm a student of biomedical science at London metropolitan uni and honestly they all are beneficial in their own ways. I would say Biomed would be better as it is a catchment of all of them including bio, chem, maths etc. so you are learning all the subjects therefore gaining more skills and knowledge. if you decide to do graduate entry med after your degree you will need a minimum of a 2.1 in your degree for most unis. for individual entry requirements for med schools visit the medical school council website it's very helpful! Even if you do not decide to do a graduate entry med there re many job opportunities with a Biomed degree. visit the prospects website (just google biomedical science careers) and they have a long list of all your potential employers and jobs. If you would like more info about the Biomed, biochem, or bio course at LMU please feel free to google us and visit the course sites.

I hope this helps and good luck with whatever you decide to do!
thank you very much
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Depends if you mean the content of the degree, or the career following it. Biomed is probably closer degree wise but leads (super generally speaking) to more research based work, whereas if you want to work practicing healthcare with real patients, then something like (for example) dentistry, nursing, physician associate etc. is closer in the day to day if that makes sense. Even pharmacy to some extent. Whereas pharmacology and biomedical science are more research oriented- a step removed from advising people irl if that makes sense
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (184)
28.93%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (105)
16.51%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.12%
I want to meet current students (53)
8.33%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
8.02%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (127)
19.97%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.97%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise