Advice for a guy that's looking to lose weight

Watch
Midge03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, all as the title says I'm looking to burn some fat and get myself into a better shape. Has anyone gone through what I intend on doing and if so do you have any advice for me as I have not a clue where to start thanks
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am in no way an expert in this. However, how about you do some running the first thing in the morning so before breakfast? I think that might help burn a lot of fat!
Last edited by Bagarigak; 4 weeks ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Midge03)
Hi, all as the title says I'm looking to burn some fat and get myself into a better shape. Has anyone gone through what I intend on doing and if so do you have any advice for me as I have not a clue where to start thanks
Learn how weight loss works, it is all about the calorie deficit.

Buy yourself some kitchen scales and start weighing and logging what you eat.
Eat at a consistent accurate calorie deficit and you will be fine, if you dont lose weight over time, then you arent at deficit. No ifs and bust.

Use myfitnesspal or read the stickies or do something like couch to 5000.
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How much exercise do you do?
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bought myself a set of dumbbells, and it worked for me. Lost face weight for starters. Which helps.

I just need to keep at it. I’m going to guess that by the time January or February comes, I should lose some of the abdomen. (Currently in the process of quitting smoking; which doesn’t help with waist. So if I quit that , I expect a good level of physique in no time to be honest)

But Yh, point is. Get some dumbbells and lift!!!
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Burn more calories than you ingest.
Midge03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shortgirl96)
How much exercise do you do?
I tend to go out for a walk with my Pal in the morning or afternoon and i play Five a side football 3 days a week
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What about a exercise ball? Alternatively you can sign up for fitness classes at your local community gym. Another option is to see if you can borrow exercise books from your library or purchase some exercise DVDs from Amazon. If you have a community sports club within walking distance, call them up to find out about lessons for adults. Or take a look at the website. You can even become a fee paying member of a council funded leisure centre, again call or email for more information. Charity shops and garden centres sell a limited variety of fitness books etc as well. There are lots of Facebook groups for fitness buffs. If you have enough money to spend, you can hire a fitness trainer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.05%
I'm not sure (27)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (190)
31.4%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (290)
47.93%

Watched Threads