Smoky saif
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So guys I had a query regarding a quartic graph. So I just wanted to know how we worked out the part where the curve is?. Like of course I can easily go through the points. But I’m never sure on how low to go. Does it matter? Name:  D84D3167-F140-44B8-B383-17321A0EA117.jpg.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  17.6 KB

I have attached a picture to show you which part. Thanks.
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Smoky saif)
So guys I had a query regarding a quartic graph. So I just wanted to know how we worked out the part where the curve is?. Like of course I can easily go through the points. But I’m never sure on how low to go. Does it matter? Name:  D84D3167-F140-44B8-B383-17321A0EA117.jpg.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  17.6 KB

I have attached a picture to show you which part. Thanks.
Hiya :hi:
Popped your thread into maths, science and technology academic help so you may get some more responses :yes:
Have a great day,
Cheese :bump:
qweqworiet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It only matters how low you go if you are sketching another curve in the same axis. otherwise it is just a ‘sketch’ so general shape and axis intersections need to be shown
ghostwalker
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Hiya :hi:
Popped your thread into maths, science and technology academic help so you may get some more responses :yes:
Have a great day,
Cheese :bump:
Thanks for moving it, BUT the "maths, science..." forum is an umbrella forum and is little visited. It needs to be in the maths study help subforum.
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ghostwalker)
Thanks for moving it, BUT the "maths, science..." forum is an umbrella forum and is little visited. It needs to be in the maths study help subforum.
I think I've moved it there now? Hopefully this is better :yy:
16CharsIsTooShor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could find the stationary points by calculating dy/dx then find when it equals 0. Then find the y coordinate at those points.
But the question probably doesn't require that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads