cazp60
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My son would like to apply for a year’s course at a conservatoire but also wants to apply to universities for a completely unrelated degree, maybe deferring as he is still undecided about his future direction. He knows 2 separate forms are involved but would the universities see the the conservatoire application and be unimpressed possibly at his indecision?
Joel746
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cazp60)
My son would like to apply for a year’s course at a conservatoire but also wants to apply to universities for a completely unrelated degree, maybe deferring as he is still undecided about his future direction. He knows 2 separate forms are involved but would the universities see the the conservatoire application and be unimpressed possibly at his indecision?
Hi, I’m honestly not 100% certain, hopefully someone else with more experience can answer here.

I can’t see why a university would be unimpressed, as it’s only the same as applying for different courses at different unis. I’m also applying to conservatoires this year, as I much prefer performance to musicology and theory.

I will also be applying to some universities as well, so he won’t be the only one at least! I’m sure that it will be fine, as I can’t see why a university would discriminate against someone for them having a talent.

Hope this helps
cazp60
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Joel746)
Hi, I’m honestly not 100% certain, hopefully someone else with more experience can answer here.

I can’t see why a university would be unimpressed, as it’s only the same as applying for different courses at different unis. I’m also applying to conservatoires this year, as I much prefer performance to musicology and theory.

I will also be applying to some universities as well, so he won’t be the only one at least! I’m sure that it will be fine, as I can’t see why a university would discriminate against someone for them having a talent.

Hope this helps
Hi. Many thanks. I’m of your opinion too so fingers crossed for both of you!!
Joel746
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cazp60)
Hi. Many thanks. I’m of your opinion too so fingers crossed for both of you!!
Thank you
welcometotherock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
UCAS & CUKAS applications are totally separate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (162)
14.5%
I'm not sure (50)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.54%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (542)
48.52%

Watched Threads