The Student Room Group

Anki

I have two desktops that are synced and what if anki gets deleted from one desktop. Will this delete all the cards from the other desktop that shares the login?
Thank you.
Should all be saved to your account - Each new deck created is saved on that PC in files - If you were to delete ANKI on that PC it would remove the decks saved in files but not on your account which is synced - You can login in on your browser to see exactly what you have.
Original post by callumclark117
Should all be saved to your account - Each new deck created is saved on that PC in files - If you were to delete ANKI on that PC it would remove the decks saved in files but not on your account which is synced - You can login in on your browser to see exactly what you have.

Thank you very much. So this means the cards on the user account won't be deleted right? And do you think I should somehow transfer my decks to Ankiweb?
No they won’t be deleted as long as they have been synced with your online account - If you’re worried you can:1) Check the decks online 2) Go to your anki folder on your pc and copy and paste the decks to a one drive account and then open them up on a new PC 3) You could upload them to anki web but this is designed for other people to use them.Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending