The Student Room Group

UCAS application - physio & nursing

So my no 1 course choice would be physio but I may not get the grades and I know it is extremely competitive. My back up is nursing - I have those grades.

Do I make my personal statement general to healthcare?

I was told that to have a chance to even get an interview for physio I should focus my statement on only physio however won't that then put off nursing and I could end up with none?

I do have work experience in physio so do I highlight this from a general healthcare perspective?

I don't want to end up with nothing.
Original post by mussiegirl
So my no 1 course choice would be physio but I may not get the grades and I know it is extremely competitive. My back up is nursing - I have those grades.

Do I make my personal statement general to healthcare?

I was told that to have a chance to even get an interview for physio I should focus my statement on only physio however won't that then put off nursing and I could end up with none?

I do have work experience in physio so do I highlight this from a general healthcare perspective?

I don't want to end up with nothing.

It's way too risky to apply to both, you d end up with nothing if you did it. Stick to physio and you can make your 5th choice a foundation year if you feel you need a back up.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
It's way too risky to apply to both, you d end up with nothing if you did it. Stick to physio and you can make your 5th choice a foundation year if you feel you need a back up.

Would nursing admissions consider my application at all if its physio based? I hate that you can't do individual personal statements. I am seriously considering just going for nursing as at least I have those grades but my heart was always set on physio. I had an interview last year for physio and didn't get in. I asked for feedback but the unis wouldn't give individual feedback. I never go the grades last year anyway so trying again this year. I don't know if it's worth it given it's so competitive?

I have also been told if I put any other choices at the same uni down as a back up for physio then my application won't get looked at - they only want 100% physio wannabees :frown:
Original post by mussiegirl
Would nursing admissions consider my application at all if its physio based? I hate that you can't do individual personal statements. I am seriously considering just going for nursing as at least I have those grades but my heart was always set on physio. I had an interview last year for physio and didn't get in. I asked for feedback but the unis wouldn't give individual feedback. I never go the grades last year anyway so trying again this year. I don't know if it's worth it given it's so competitive?

I have also been told if I put any other choices at the same uni down as a back up for physio then my application won't get looked at - they only want 100% physio wannabees :frown:

No they d reject your application straight off ,if you show any doubts about nursing then they wouldn't expect you either it's as competitive as physio is if not more. Use foundation years as a back up but not another subject.

Quick Reply

Latest