AQA chemistry
Edexcel Maths
AQA psychology
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It sounds as though you are in England taking linear A levels. If this is the case then forget you ever heard of the acronym UMS. It applies only to modular qualifications and all GCSEs and A levels in England are now linear. For linear A levels you see the mark you actually scored on the paper.
Study6076
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Compost)
It sounds as though you are in England taking linear A levels. If this is the case then forget you ever heard of the acronym UMS. It applies only to modular qualifications and all GCSEs and A levels in England are now linear. For linear A levels you see the mark you actually scored on the paper.
i am doing As exams in mAY 2021 DOES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE???
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Study6076)
omg calm down

UMS was a feature of the old specifications, where the raw marks would be scaled to a uniform mark, and the grade boundary was for a fixed UMS - 90 for A*, 80 for A, etc. Now the grade boundaries are decided purely by the raw cumulative mark, and your AS exams don't count towards your final grade.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Study6076)
No. If you're in England then UMS does not apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads