Great British Bake Off 2020

Watch
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some reflections (I'll spoiler for those who are planning to All4 and haven't been on Twitter since 9:45):

Spoiler:
Show
1) That intro was the best thing ever. Some of the acting in the intros has been quite tiresome but this one was absolutely amazing, especially given (and they obviously wouldn't have known this before yesterday) what it followed. I absolutely lost it when they zoomed out to show Matt, Prue and Paul at the three lecterns. :rofl:

2) Sura seems to have divided the crowd. Had she actually won Star Baker I'd have praised her for winning at all costs, but now it's just a minor act of sabotage.

3) I feel like I don't really know these people yet, so I'm not sure how I feel on the judges' decisions. Star Baker I feel was probably right, but I think Loreia can feel hard done by going home.

4) Am I the only person that thinks Henry from Durham from last year or the year before is probably the same person as Tom Harwood?
Advertisement
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Some reflections (I'll spoiler for those who are planning to All4 and haven't been on Twitter since 9:45):

Spoiler:
Show
1) That intro was the best thing ever. Some of the acting in the intros has been quite tiresome but this one was absolutely amazing, especially given (and they obviously wouldn't have known this before yesterday) what it followed. I absolutely lost it when they zoomed out to show Matt, Prue and Paul at the three lecterns. :rofl:

2) Sura seems to have divided the crowd. Had she actually won Star Baker I'd have praised her for winning at all costs, but now it's just a minor act of sabotage.

3) I feel like I don't really know these people yet, so I'm not sure how I feel on the judges' decisions. Star Baker I feel was probably right, but I think Loreia can feel hard done by going home.

4) Am I the only person that thinks Henry from Durham from last year or the year before is probably the same person as Tom Harwood?
1) agreed
2)expecting the sun and daily mail to vilify them at some point in near future
3)kinda agree
4) who is Tom Harwood (Henry for some reason makes me think of Jacob rees-mogg :lol:)
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by quasa)
4) who is Tom Harwood (Henry for some reason makes me think of Jacob rees-mogg :lol:)
A right-wing rent-a-gob, basically a bit like a young Jacob Rees-Mogg, but with no elected mandate or good reason to appear on as many news panels as he does.

He was also a student at Durham a few years ago, which is the reason for the comparison.
Advertisement
Laurence010401
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m gonna watch on catchup in the next few days
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
much prefer matt lucas to sandi, i might try and stick with watching it this year. really strong first episode.
Advertisement
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A right-wing rent-a-gob, basically a bit like a young Jacob Rees-Mogg, but with no elected mandate or good reason to appear on as many news panels as he does.

He was also a student at Durham a few years ago, which is the reason for the comparison.
nice to see im not the only one who thinks young rees mogg when I see henry :lol:
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
interesting, dailymail and sun are actually being sympathetic and metro, mirror and telegraph are vilifying them.

EDIT aaand the daily mail is now vilifying them :lol:
Last edited by quasa; 1 month ago
Advertisement
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you remember everyone's names?
One of them looks like they've been on GBBO before.
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
much prefer matt lucas to sandi, i might try and stick with watching it this year. really strong first episode.
i feel like he tries really hard tho
Advertisement
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Really enjoyed this episode :awesome: especially the beginning snippet right at the start :rofl:
I'm still warming up to Matt though (I enjoyed him in Doctor Who though so it shouldn't take long)

Spoiler:
Show
was a bit :yikes: when the cakes fell on the floor though :giggle:
Chamberlain3000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 8472)

Who's excited? Anyone happy to see Matt Lucas as a host? :gah:
ever since discovering him from doctor who, i've never been so excited to watch this season. Matt lucas is a g
Advertisement
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
check 1st page, I made a list of their names. but yeah, takes some watching to remember them (I remember about 7 names from ep 1 (marc, mark, sura, david, hermine, rowan, lottie)
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
I think I remember one contestant saying that they had a sibling go on it in an earlier series, not sure who though

I don't remember everyones names until near the end of the series tbh :nah:
Last edited by Chronoscope; 4 weeks ago
Advertisement
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Haven’t been a fan of Matt Lucas since he stopped being the baby on Shooting Stars. It all just comes across as too needy and he takes me out of whatever I’m watching.

The black/brownface stuff sat uncomfortably with me at the time and still does as well.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It's Biscuit Week :woo:
Who we think will survive? Who will make a party ring of themselves?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
quick question: does anyone else watch binging with babish?
Advertisement
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Here we go!!

Just realising in the intro that I still hate Matt Lucas
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Here we go!!

Just realising in the intro that I still hate Matt Lucas
"yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Doge!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads