The Student Room Group

Great British Bake Off 2020

Scroll to see replies

Some reflections (I'll spoiler for those who are planning to All4 and haven't been on Twitter since 9:45):

Spoiler

4) Am I the only person that thinks Henry from Durham from last year or the year before is probably the same person as Tom Harwood?
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Some reflections (I'll spoiler for those who are planning to All4 and haven't been on Twitter since 9:45):

Spoiler

4) Am I the only person that thinks Henry from Durham from last year or the year before is probably the same person as Tom Harwood?

1) agreed
2)expecting the sun and daily mail to vilify them at some point in near future
3)kinda agree
4) who is Tom Harwood (Henry for some reason makes me think of Jacob rees-mogg :lol:)
Original post by quasa
4) who is Tom Harwood (Henry for some reason makes me think of Jacob rees-mogg :lol:)

A right-wing rent-a-gob, basically a bit like a young Jacob Rees-Mogg, but with no elected mandate or good reason to appear on as many news panels as he does.

He was also a student at Durham a few years ago, which is the reason for the comparison.
I’m gonna watch on catchup in the next few days :smile:
much prefer matt lucas to sandi, i might try and stick with watching it this year. really strong first episode.
A right-wing rent-a-gob, basically a bit like a young Jacob Rees-Mogg, but with no elected mandate or good reason to appear on as many news panels as he does.

He was also a student at Durham a few years ago, which is the reason for the comparison.

nice to see im not the only one who thinks young rees mogg when I see henry :lol:
interesting, dailymail and sun are actually being sympathetic and metro, mirror and telegraph are vilifying them.

EDIT aaand the daily mail is now vilifying them :lol:
(edited 3 years ago)
How do you remember everyone's names?
One of them looks like they've been on GBBO before.
Original post by absolutelysprout
much prefer matt lucas to sandi, i might try and stick with watching it this year. really strong first episode.

i feel like he tries really hard tho
Really enjoyed this episode :awesome: especially the beginning snippet right at the start :rofl:
I'm still warming up to Matt though (I enjoyed him in Doctor Who though so it shouldn't take long)

Spoiler

Original post by 8472
[video="youtube;0RkB2otKkII"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RkB2otKkII[/video]

Who's excited? Anyone happy to see Matt Lucas as a host? :gah:

ever since discovering him from doctor who, i've never been so excited to watch this season. Matt lucas is a g
check 1st page, I made a list of their names. but yeah, takes some watching to remember them (I remember about 7 names from ep 1 (marc, mark, sura, david, hermine, rowan, lottie)
I think I remember one contestant saying that they had a sibling go on it in an earlier series, not sure who though :smile:

I don't remember everyones names until near the end of the series tbh :nah:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 53
Haven’t been a fan of Matt Lucas since he stopped being the baby on Shooting Stars. It all just comes across as too needy and he takes me out of whatever I’m watching.

The black/brownface stuff sat uncomfortably with me at the time and still does as well.
Reply 54
It's Biscuit Week :woo:
Who we think will survive? Who will make a party ring of themselves?
Reply 55
quick question: does anyone else watch binging with babish?
Here we go!!

Just realising in the intro that I still hate Matt Lucas
Here we go!!

Just realising in the intro that I still hate Matt Lucas

"yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no
Doge!!!

Quick Reply

Latest