Eliselol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’m thinking of doing an EPQ in sixth form, we have to apply for it soon and I’m unsure what to do mine on. I’m taking Computer Science, Psychology and Economics and considering taking Computer Science for University in 2022. I want to do my EPQ on anime, specifically Neon Genesis Evangelion and the psychological and philosophical factors behind the show but I’m unsure whether this is useful to do and whether it’s actually a good idea. Suggestions?
emrex03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Eliselol)
I’m thinking of doing an EPQ in sixth form, we have to apply for it soon and I’m unsure what to do mine on. I’m taking Computer Science, Psychology and Economics and considering taking Computer Science for University in 2022. I want to do my EPQ on anime, specifically Neon Genesis Evangelion and the psychological and philosophical factors behind the show but I’m unsure whether this is useful to do and whether it’s actually a good idea. Suggestions?
you can do an EPQ on almost anything as long as it doesn't overlap with a level stuff. Also doing it on something you love will help a lot. If you're worried about how it'll look on your CV or something, you can talk about the skills gained from doing it.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As others have said, the EPQ can be on anything you want really but wouldn’t it be more beneficial to do it on something relevant to your potential University course applications?

Gives you something else to talk about in your personal statement that shows your enthusiasm for the subject.
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Honestly do whatever you want to do, but if you sure on what you want to do at uni, I'd really recommend doing an EPQ related to it. It will really help provide you with stuff to talk about in your application- further reading, research, particular subject interests etc and will count as a supercurricular. It would show your suitability for the course. Otherwise you don't need an EPQ, unless your uni is one of the ones that lowers entry requirements for an EPQ or you can use it as part of ucas points for a university that wants that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (350)
43.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise