Fionna
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this but basically I am in a tricky situation.
I’ve just finished year 13 and have been organising the leavers yearbooks on my own which were supposed to arrive in May when everyone was still in school, but obviously schools closed due to the pandemic and they’ve only just been able to reach my school.
And I now need to let the (now EX-)students that they can come back to pick theirs up but the school refuses to have them coming in whenever, they want them to come on a specific day .
That’s all fine but the school is now saying that because we’ve technically left the school, they cannot email individual students / parents to let them know that their yearbook (which they paid for) is available.
I can let most of the students know through social media but a lot of them don’t have any social media so I have no way of letting them know since their school emails are now blocked (as they’ve left).
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fionna)
Hi,
I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this but basically I am in a tricky situation.
I’ve just finished year 13 and have been organising the leavers yearbooks on my own which were supposed to arrive in May when everyone was still in school, but obviously schools closed due to the pandemic and they’ve only just been able to reach my school.
And I now need to let the (now EX-)students that they can come back to pick theirs up but the school refuses to have them coming in whenever, they want them to come on a specific day .
That’s all fine but the school is now saying that because we’ve technically left the school, they cannot email individual students / parents to let them know that their yearbook (which they paid for) is available.
I can let most of the students know through social media but a lot of them don’t have any social media so I have no way of letting them know since their school emails are now blocked (as they’ve left).
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
The school is speaking nonsense.

Call the ICO and get them to quote you and then repeat to school or email them.

They also have facebook and twitter.
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Fionna
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you for the help I’ve just contacted the school after speaking to ICO so I hope they’ll reply positively
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.09%
I'm not sure (59)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.47%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.82%
I'm not a current university student (645)
49.12%

Watched Threads