Animation21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Is it possible to get into an animation degree without A level in art or art Foundation? How do you build a portfolio in this case? Anyone who has knowledge about getting into Bournemouth University for computer animation?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Animation21)
Is it possible to get into an animation degree without A level in art or art Foundation? How do you build a portfolio in this case? Anyone who has knowledge about getting into Bournemouth University for computer animation?

It says must have one required subject but I cant see those subjects. I would expect computing is one and art another, so yes I expect you can get on without art.
https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/...ion-art-design

You build a portfolio up in your spare time to show you skill using various packages and techniques to give examples of your work, creativity and potential.

They still have places in clearing so expect them to be flexible. You could also build a portfolio.

They do a foundation diploma which would get you onto the animation course.

https://aub.ac.uk/courses/foundation-courses
Animation21
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
It says must have one required subject but I cant see those subjects. I would expect computing is one and art another, so yes I expect you can get on without art.
https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/...ion-art-design

You build a portfolio up in your spare time to show you skill using various packages and techniques to give examples of your work, creativity and potential.

They still have places in clearing so expect them to be flexible. You could also build a portfolio.

They do a foundation diploma which would get you onto the animation course.

https://aub.ac.uk/courses/foundation-courses
Thank you. I wonder what those required subjects are? It was not specified on the entry requirements.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Animation21)
Thank you. I wonder what those required subjects are? It was not specified on the entry requirements.
Just contact them and ask, the fault is theirs as I dont believe they mention it. Expect one to be CS and another to be art and design.
Animation21
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just contact them and ask, the fault is theirs as I dont believe they mention it. Expect one to be CS and another to be art and design.
Thanks. I will.
University of the Arts London
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Animation21,

If you're still looking for an animation course, you might want to check out the BA (Hons) Animation course at London College of Communication (part of the University of the Arts London). You don't have to have a foundation diploma to apply to this course, but you will need a portfolio. Click on the course page for full datails.

The standard entry requirements for this course are as follows:

96 UCAS tariff points which can be made up of one or a combination of the following accepted full level 3 qualifications:

A Levels at grade C or above (preferred subjects include: English; History; Media; Business; Art and Design, or other subjects within Social Sciences).
Pass at Foundation Diploma in Art & Design (Level 3 or 4).
Merit, Merit, Merit at BTEC Extended Diploma (preferred subjects: Art and Design, IT & Computing).
Merit at UAL Extended Diploma.
Access to Higher Education Diploma (preferred subject: Digital and Creative Media, Film and Production, Computing).
OR equivalent EU/International qualifications, such as International Baccalaureate Diploma at 24 points minimum
And 3 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above (grade A*-C)

You might also want to look at the Graduate Showcase - our final year exhibition which was done in partnership with IBM. It's the largest online showcase of student work anywhere in the world!

You can also sign up here to receive updates about webinars, open days and other online events that might be of interest.

Best of luck!

Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (188)
29.24%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.49%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.02%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.93%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.91%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.11%

Watched Threads