The Student Room Group

Application for appropriate university

Iam looking to study education in UK and would appreciate help in getting admissions to a university

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faithchep
Iam looking to study education in UK and would appreciate help in getting admissions to a university

you might want to be more specific with your query.
Do you know about UCAS? If not, that would be a good place to start!
Reply 3
Thank you really hoping to get admissions there will not mind private guidance and mentoring toward the same
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
you might want to be more specific with your query.

I would like to study English literature please help
Reply 5

Again this is very broad.
Are you applying for Sept 2021?
Have you made a UCAS application?
Have you started shortlisting unis?
Reply 7
Iam looking to apply January 2021 if there is a possibility i have not shortlisted any unis i was directed to this forum.. I have not made UCAS
Iam looking to apply January 2021 if there is a possibility i have not shortlisted any unis i was directed to this forum.. I have not made UCAS

So to start at uni September 2022?
--
To look at uni's their is really 2 elements:
1) what do you want from the course & uni: academically, reputation, careers, city/campus, location, cost of living, big/small...
2) Where can you go: which unis offer the degree & which ones can you apply to with your high school academics

What grades have you got or are hoping to get?
Durham, Lancaster, Warwick, Manchester, Leeds and Leicester are good ones that aren’t in London.
Obviously there’s Oxbridge but the entry requirements are really high.
Which country are you from if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 10
Original post by Chickgirl234
Durham, Lancaster, Warwick, Manchester, Leeds and Leicester are good ones that aren’t in London.

I scored C- kenyan national exams... Iam from kenya

Warwick for English? No - it is very STEM based ... Leicester is not in the same league

Are you doing the IB now? How old are you?

You might have to email the universities individually and they explain. I suggest you have a look at the universities you like and then email each one :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by redmeercat
Do you know about UCAS? If not, that would be a good place to start!

Please have my email

Original post by Muttley79
Are you doing the IB now? How old are you?

Am 20
Reply 15
You might have to email the universities individually and they explain. I suggest you have a look at the universities you like and then email each one :smile:

Thank you
Thank you

I've looked at a few universities and they seem to ask for IB - here is the Kenya page for Exeter: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/international/yourcountry/kenya/

Here from Buckingham University [Private university which offers two year degrees]: https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/international/coming-from/kenya/
Reply 17
Original post by Muttley79
I've looked at a few universities and they seem to ask for IB - here is the Kenya page for Exeter: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/international/yourcountry/kenya/

Here from Buckingham University [Private university which offers two year degrees]: https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/international/coming-from/kenya/

Thank you please have my email
[email protected]
Thank you please have my email

Please remove your e-mail - that is not allowed.

You need to go on university websites like I've done and see what they need. Exeter does offer a Foundation programme if your grades aren't high enough
Reply 19
Thanks

Quick Reply