Can't make friends in uni - help please

Watch
lou67
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I moved to my uni a few days ago, missed freshers week. I talked with my flatmates on the first day but then everything just stopped other than the occasional hi. Not one of them is doing the same course as me (medicine). I had a few online meetings with my group and one in person, but I've been struggling to talk to them cause they pretty much all live in the same accommodation so Im left out most of the time and I don't have any social media. I'm so stressed and anxious that even if I'm hungry I don't have the energy to eat or do anything, just literally cry. ughh help me..
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lou67)
I moved to my uni a few days ago, missed freshers week. I talked with my flatmates on the first day but then everything just stopped other than the occasional hi. Not one of them is doing the same course as me (medicine). I had a few online meetings with my group and one in person, but I've been struggling to talk to them cause they pretty much all live in the same accommodation so Im left out most of the time and I don't have any social media. I'm so stressed and anxious that even if I'm hungry I don't have the energy to eat or do anything, just literally cry. ughh help me..
ecolier should be able to regale you about their university days.

1. Why not have a word with the more sympathetic ones, say you are pretty stranded, see if they have a snapchat and just tell them you love to be invited if you can be.

2. Is your flat not active or is it just not active with you?

3. Does the hall have a noticeboard or intranet, cant you post on there that you are keen to meet up more people then arrange some meet ups?

Maybe make some social media accounts?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
18.03%
I'm not sure (5)
2.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (64)
34.97%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.64%
I'm not a current university student (78)
42.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise