Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
moved in saturday, staying at host metalworks and a lot of the stuff is not working, reception not helpful (they could not even give direction to local places)
and communication is dire(welcome pack containing face mask and hand wipes that was it), so difficult as i do not drink and there are no 'welcome week' activities everyone is just piling into other flats and getting pissed(so much for household bubbles). paying £7k a year for a stuffy room, and housemates that live in their rooms.

Heard nothing about my course and what is supposed to be happening, apart from filling out my registration, nothing.

I thought there would be student ambassadors going around, things organised but so far it's been really disappointing.

Friends have gone to other unis and seem to have lot more communication and generally more organised- what is going on Birmingham
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
moved in saturday, staying at host metalworks and a lot of the stuff is not working, reception not helpful (they could not even give direction to local places)
and communication is dire(welcome pack containing face mask and hand wipes that was it), so difficult as i do not drink and there are no 'welcome week' activities everyone is just piling into other flats and getting pissed(so much for household bubbles). paying £7k a year for a stuffy room, and housemates that live in their rooms.

Heard nothing about my course and what is supposed to be happening, apart from filling out my registration, nothing.

I thought there would be student ambassadors going around, things organised but so far it's been really disappointing.

Friends have gone to other unis and seem to have lot more communication and generally more organised- what is going on Birmingham
Post it on their facebook and twitter feed.
Make a complaint or tell them how underwhelmed you are.
Is it uni owned accommodation?
If you want to move then have you checked out alternatives?
What local places would you need direction to?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Post it on their facebook and twitter feed.
Make a complaint or tell them how underwhelmed you are.
Is it uni owned accommodation?
If you want to move then have you checked out alternatives?
What local places would you need direction to?
Yes i have made it aware, i dont use facebook or twitter but have complained to university and host the metalworks
private accomodation, and no option to move apparently it's full and will have to wait to see if i can swap, although can't see anyone wanting to share with these lot

sorted for directions thanks, just shocked they did'nt know basic things like direction to well known supermarkets or the rail station(maybe a new person) but there should be some basic guide i would have thought

very very underwhelmed, friends at other unis having a great week just seems so disorganised here, not even had communication about my course from the uni , host can't do anything because of covid apparently (and happy to ignore all the flat parties)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (162)
14.46%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.46%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.57%

Watched Threads