Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I wanted to cancel on my driving instructor. I wasn’t happy with the way he was teaching me, the fact he was always late and the fact he was falling asleep in my lesson.

But I didn’t have the guts to tell him. I messaged him telling him that I just don’t have the money and not sure when I will and I’ll have to just let him know. I told him I didn’t know how long it’ll be so not to keep a space open for me.

I already have a new instructor. And my old one teaches people in my village and I’m likely to come across him again.

I feel bad
cherryxberry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t feel bad.. you’re the one trying to learn and if they’re not working for you it’s fine just text them upfront your no longer going to have lessons with them and move on
rockacham
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Trust me, you won't be the first person to cancel lessons with him in the way you did, and you certainly won't be the last! Driving instructors are usually quite used to this kind of thing. If you cross paths, you cross paths. All you have to do is be polite, and if he sees you with your new instructor, he will probably just think his/her fees are lower. Basically what I'm trying to say is that it absolutely does not matter. I quit with two different instructors in the same way you did and nothing bad ever came from it.
Jones448
Rep:
?
(Original post by cherryxberry)
Don’t feel bad.. you’re the one trying to learn and if they’re not working for you it’s fine just text them upfront your no longer going to have lessons with them and move on
(Original post by rockacham)
Trust me, you won't be the first person to cancel lessons with him in the way you did, and you certainly won't be the last! Driving instructors are usually quite used to this kind of thing. If you cross paths, you cross paths. All you have to do is be polite, and if he sees you with your new instructor, he will probably just think his/her fees are lower. Basically what I'm trying to say is that it absolutely does not matter. I quit with two different instructors in the same way you did and nothing bad ever came from it.
Thanks guys, hopefully it’s just over and done with. He was expensive and I felt like I was waiting my money
iElvendork
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You are paying for a service, that service was not good so you left, perfectly reasonable!
If he were to ever press you for a reason (probably wouldn't) just be honest, you could even say that his teaching style didn't work best for you so you have a new instructor
My sister had 3 driving instructors before she found one she could learn well from (the others were very shouty men)
Jones448
Rep:
?
(Original post by iElvendork)
You are paying for a service, that service was not good so you left, perfectly reasonable!
If he were to ever press you for a reason (probably wouldn't) just be honest, you could even say that his teaching style didn't work best for you so you have a new instructor
My sister had 3 driving instructors before she found one she could learn well from (the others were very shouty men)
Thank you . I have heard that people can go through 2-3 instructors when learning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (52)
15.81%
I'm not sure (8)
2.43%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (112)
34.04%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.82%
I'm not a current university student (151)
45.9%

Watched Threads