Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What GCSE’s are the hardest when it comes to exams for any subjects?
turkeydinosaur16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 13522)
What GCSE’s are the hardest when it comes to exams for any subjects?
It's very subjective dependent on your own strengths and weaknesses but personally this is what I would say:
1. French
2. English Lit
3. English Lang

I'm now in A levels studying biology, chemistry and maths so I'm biased towards the sciences. English I found the timings really hard (probably my hardest exams) and my one of my least favourite subjects. French I thoroughly enjoyed but you have to be very accurate for the top grades. Personally, I would do well in the reading and writing exams but my listening would always be my worst and I'd stress out in the speaking exams. I'd probably say the hardest science was physics
amybower
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It really depends what you personally find challenging! Personally, I found physics paper two and chemistry paper two were my weakest papers, because I found the content really difficult to get my head around. History is also really intense because of the speed you have to write essays at.

I loved english, so it wasn't really a problem for me, but lots of people find english literature paper two really hard because of how long it is!
Himynameisdaisy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Content heavy exams like history can be difficult. If you know the content and know exam technique you’ll be fine. Maths is difficult because unlike subjects like English, you have very little wiggle room, you’re either right or wrong. Practice questions and papers are your friend when it comes to maths. Science too, learn the key practicals, I think they make up 20% of exam content, which can make the difference between a grade or two. Languages can be difficult. I recommend using YouTube to practice listening. Learn vocab and grammar. In the listening and writing, try to play to your strength areas. English language you just need to know how to analyse and stuff, past papers and you’ll be fine. Literature you need to learn quotes and stuff, make and use flash cards. Design technology, do your best in coursework as it could teach towards 50% of your final grade, and can act as a bit of an insurance in your exam.

Not sure how many of these apply to you, this is just what I did
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.66%
I'm not sure (11)
3.02%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (125)
34.34%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.65%
I'm not a current university student (165)
45.33%

Watched Threads