Can we pay with cash in supermarkets?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I really need to go shopping, haven't been since before covid because I've been so busy with uni to go out and have been ordering online, which is proving to be more expensive than shopping in person. I don't want to take my bank card. Is paying all contactless or can I pay with cash or am I better off doing click and collect? I don't want to have it delivered because I could be waiting all day for it even if I've selected a certain time for delivery.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Most supermarkets will take cash though would prefer you to pay by card.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, you can, I have, they just prefer if you use a card.
hope1279
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I really need to go shopping, haven't been since before covid because I've been so busy with uni to go out and have been ordering online, which is proving to be more expensive than shopping in person. I don't want to take my bank card. Is paying all contactless or can I pay with cash or am I better off doing click and collect? I don't want to have it delivered because I could be waiting all day for it even if I've selected a certain time for delivery.
I asked the other day if I could pay cash at asda and they said yes. Maybe try just asking the customer service guys before you go shopping and see what their policy is
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes you can use cash
Yazziii
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can and you could also use the self checkout x
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
What claire said- why dopnt you wish to take your card?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
What claire said- why dopnt you wish to take your card?
In case I get robbed or someone sees me put in my PIN number. I only take it out if it's necessary
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
In case I get robbed or someone sees me put in my PIN number. I only take it out if it's necessary
MMmk but I think the majority of people use cards these days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (129)
14.63%
I'm not sure (40)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (265)
30.05%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.49%
I'm not a current university student (426)
48.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise