The Student Room Group

Lonely in third year of uni

Just moved back to uni and I’m living in a studio this year (hated living with other people and their mess/noise). However, with the coronavirus situation I’ll be doing pretty much everything online. Also, my accommodation have banned visitors and the city I’m in have banned separate households from mixing so I can’t see my boyfriend anymore so I’m completely alone in a studio. I have a couple of uni friends but we’re not that close, and now I can’t even see them. I can’t meet anyone new at uni or societies either because neither are happening. How am I going to manage this year when being completely alone? It’s only been a few days and I’m already getting bored and lonely.
Original post by Anonymous
Just moved back to uni and I’m living in a studio this year (hated living with other people and their mess/noise). However, with the coronavirus situation I’ll be doing pretty much everything online. Also, my accommodation have banned visitors and the city I’m in have banned separate households from mixing so I can’t see my boyfriend anymore so I’m completely alone in a studio. I have a couple of uni friends but we’re not that close, and now I can’t even see them. I can’t meet anyone new at uni or societies either because neither are happening. How am I going to manage this year when being completely alone? It’s only been a few days and I’m already getting bored and lonely.

I think this is going to be very common thing this year. I do have a studio for my 3rd year but haven’t nor planning to moved in anytime soon. If I did this would be the same situation I would be in. Maybe time to time head back home (or your boyfriends) if that’s possible, should be easier if everything is online as your said.
I think we all wish things could be different but we all have to do our part. At least the year is going ahead this year instead of cancelling everything. I feel ashamed that, for many students it will be hard, but you should do what’s right for you. No one should be isolated at university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending