Thanksinadvance1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know what these are like/entail?

Any help is appreciated.
Lerooooy Jenkins
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You are given real/similar work of what the service line you applied to will entail. Like replying to emails, doing some numerical email responses and video responding to questions or scenarios.

Normally, there are no time limits. But make sure your answers are accurate; I'd recommend you complete it in 1 sitting.
VI: You are given information to analyse for up to 3-5 mins and after, you'll be required to give your video response.

You should revise on percentages like compound interest, percentage increase/decrease etc. As percentage questions are in every job simulation and numerical test.
Thanksinadvance1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins)
You are given real/similar work of what the service line you applied to will entail. Like replying to emails, doing some numerical email responses and video responding to questions or scenarios.

Normally, there are no time limits. But make sure your answers are accurate; I'd recommend you complete it in 1 sitting.
VI: You are given information to analyse for up to 3-5 mins and after, you'll be required to give your video response.

You should revise on percentages like compound interest, percentage increase/decrease etc. As percentage questions are in every job simulation and numerical test.
Many thanks for such an informative response. Have you applied this year?
Lerooooy Jenkins
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No Problem; When does HSBC applications open?

Their website is quite confusing.
Thanksinadvance1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins)
No Problem; When does HSBC applications open?

Their website is quite confusing.
Think they’re open now. Worth scanning through anyway.
eggfried123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Thanksinadvance1)
Does anyone know what these are like/entail?

Any help is appreciated.
Hey,

Have you taken your JS yet? Mine is due for Friday, I'm just trying to get a sense of what to expect.
Lerooooy Jenkins
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you lot Graduates??

I looked on the HSBC careers site; can't find any available positions.
Kangster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I completed the Job simulation 2 weeks ago but I'm still waiting on a response. I don't think I failed it as when I failed the EY job simulation I knew straight away. You are given data on various business cases and are asked to answer a mix of numerical questions based on them and questions relating to your ability to work in a team. You will be asked about how you will handle various situations and some responses will be given in a video interview format for which you will have around 2 minutes to prepare a response. It's pretty much the same as any other job simulation that the big 4/banks/investment firms will give you.
rs2869
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
im planning on completing my job sim in the next couple days, do you by any chance know the questions for the video part?
Kangster
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I can't remember the specific questions because it was so long ago. It was just general questions about how you would approach a situation that had been presented to you. They aren't too difficult to answer.
rs2869
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kangster)
I can't remember the specific questions because it was so long ago. It was just general questions about how you would approach a situation that had been presented to you. They aren't too difficult to answer.
fair play, did the ask the 'why us/you/this position'? or where the video questions solely on information to do with the simulation?
Kangster
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
just questions about the situations they give
abcd22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kangster)
just questions about the situations they give
do they ask any competency questions? is it just your response to the situation they present or do you need to draw on past experiences?
and do you happen to remmeber any of the situations they presented? sorry i'm really bad at speaking in video interviews and just trying to prepare as much as i can
rs2869
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by abcd22)
do they ask any competency questions? is it just your response to the situation they present or do you need to draw on past experiences?
and do you happen to remmeber any of the situations they presented? sorry i'm really bad at speaking in video interviews and just trying to prepare as much as i can
its not like that, they'll ask you to questions based on information and you have to talk through ur answer. its not as daunting as it seems
Yhyhyh123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Did you recieve a response?
Yhyhyh123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone recieved a response from hsbc after the job sim
achieve526kk
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think they could be benchmarking for job simulation for hsbc
bridget_ll
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It usually takes them 3 weeks to review job simulations. For 2021 intake they have changed immersive online assessment and job simulation - there are no more numerical questions as part of job simulation, but there are more written ones. If you need help preparing, I would highly recommend you to visit onlinegraduatetest(dot)com
MSS1308
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I completed the job simulation on Thursday and haven't heard anything yet either

(Original post by Yhyhyh123)
Has anyone recieved a response from hsbc after the job sim
Lerooooy Jenkins
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They will get back to you in 3 weeks or a month. Since HSBC has cut a lot of staff and they are also calculating the benchmark for this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
18.44%
I'm not sure (5)
2.79%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (60)
33.52%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.68%
I'm not a current university student (78)
43.58%

Watched Threads