The Student Room Group

HSBC Job Simulation 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NaomiY

this is quite an old article and the application process is quite different now
For the video responses that need to refer to data, do we still need to look at the camera or can we look at some notes that we have written down?
Someone please clarify this, thank you!
Original post by Natalie_A10
For the video responses that need to refer to data, do we still need to look at the camera or can we look at some notes that we have written down?
Someone please clarify this, thank you!

Both. I doubt anyone can memorise all the data in 1-2 mins.
I have JS this Friday, what preparation would be helpful ?

Thankyou
Did anyone hear back from the Job simulation yet?
Original post by YoJong_GL
Did anyone hear back from the Job simulation yet?

not at all.. wbu?
I just done online test and job simulation waiting for results as well..
I finished my Job Sim and they got back to me asking which particular area I'm interested in. Does that mean I passed or...nah...?
Original post by TerryLee
I finished my Job Sim and they got back to me asking which particular area I'm interested in. Does that mean I passed or...nah...?

You passed. If you didn't, Why would they bother asking you what area you're interested in?
Anyone done the Global Liquidity and Cash Management Job Sim? Are all questions situation-based? I'd welcome any tips, thank you
Hi Guy, I have to complete the Job Simulation for investment banking graduate. I was wondering if anyone could give me an insight into what it entail?How many questions you must answer?How many are written and how many are verbal?Do any questions require an in depth knowledge of investment banking... For example knowing how to evaluate a company using the balance sheet and other accounts or when to use equity versus debt finance?Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!
Reply 51

How long did they take to get back to you after completing JS?
Original post by bananex
How long did they take to get back to you after completing JS?

I did my Job Sim on the 13th for HSBC, they got back to me 2 days ago asking for my preferenced in where I want to be (for Sales or Trading). They got back to me for an AC next week on Wednesday.

Does anyone know what sort of technical knowledge I am required to know for HSBC ACs?
Reply 53
I did my Job Sim on the 13th for HSBC, they got back to me 2 days ago asking for my preferenced in where I want to be (for Sales or Trading). They got back to me for an AC next week on Wednesday.

Does anyone know what sort of technical knowledge I am required to know for HSBC ACs?

They were fast! Congratulations and good luck on your AC! :smile:

Has anyone heard back after the JS for Transformation Services?
Original post by bananex

Nah I’m waiting for this stream too
Original post by bananex

Thank you! and Yeahh they're super fast!
Reply 56
Original post by nealnaik
Nah I’m waiting for this stream too

When did you complete your JS?
Original post by bananex
When did you complete your JS?

mid september
Reply 58
Original post by nealnaik
mid september

oh wow...I hope I don't wait that long and you don't have to wait much longer for a decision
Hey! I would like to know if you remember the type of situations they gave you. Have you heard back from them yet?

Quick Reply

Latest