The Student Room Group

HSBC Job Simulation 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YoJong_GL
Did anyone hear back from the Job simulation yet?

nope doen in the early oct. and no progress so far
Original post by YoJong_GL
Did anyone hear back from the Job simulation yet?

Yeah, got invited to AC
Reply 62
Original post by TerryLee
Yeah, got invited to AC

Oooh congrats!!! which Div/Role? Did they say the format it'll take?
Original post by MSS1308
I completed the job simulation on Thursday and haven't heard anything yet either

Hi could you help me with these questions,

Did you find the online job simulation test difficult?
I am doing the Transformation Global role. Did you have any numerical problems during the test?
How long did it take for you to hear back?
and do people generally pass or fail this stage?

Thank you so much
Reply 64
anyone done the job simulation for data science?
Original post by TerryLee
Yeah, got invited to AC

hey just wanted to know what the video questions were for the jobsimulation? Thank youuu
Has anyone heard back from the Commercial Banking role?
Reply 67
Original post by simran129
Has anyone heard back from the Commercial Banking role?

Completed JS on 17th November - Still waiting to hear back.

What stage are you at? Is anyone else in the same position?
Original post by SA___
Completed JS on 17th November - Still waiting to hear back.

What stage are you at? Is anyone else in the same position?

Completed the JS in October, still waiting
does data Science engineering have any coding involved for hire vie kind regards
Original post by simran129
Completed the JS in October, still waiting

Exactly the same. I received an email from them a few days ago basically saying to keep an eye out on my emails over the christmas period. Quite frustrating as i know they're already holding ACs for this role.
Reply 71
Original post by eggfried123
Exactly the same. I received an email from them a few days ago basically saying to keep an eye out on my emails over the christmas period. Quite frustrating as i know they're already holding ACs for this role.

Hey which role did you apply for?
Original post by vv_yu
Hey which role did you apply for?

Commercial Banking
Did you get the job simulation right after completing the immersive online assignment? I completed the IOA a couple of days ago and also got the results yesterday. But I haven't gotten the offer to complete the JS.
did you get the job simulator invitation right after completing the immersive online assignment?
did you get the job simulator invitation right after completing the immersive online assignment?
Original post by NaomiY
Hi ! i applied for commercial banking too :biggrin: finally i found one people applied in same programme. i got job simulation invitation 2 days ago but i still take a time for preparing myself before do the simulation, a bit nervous by the way. Thank you for sharing your experience above, hope we can pass all the steps. all will be well.
did you guys get the job simulator invitation right after getting the results of the immersive online assignment?
Original post by eggfried123

Oh are they really 😩 how do you know?
Anyone know when the commercial banking AC dates are?
Reply 79
Hi guys. I'm pretty late to the party with my applications but I just got sent the email for the JS this morning for global asset management. From the little research I've done I'm getting mixed answers ~ in this thread everyone is saying it's purely situational and numerical questions, no typical interview questions about strengths, weaknesses blabla. However on other threads and on WSO I've seen some people saying that the video questions do include these types of questions.

The only reason I'm asking is because I've got exams at the moment so I have very minimal time to prepare, so if it's purely situational and numerical questions then that's better for me. Can anyone clarify?

Also, are there any competency questions related to finance, stocks, bonds etc.? Or are they similar to the questions on the immersive assessment?

Any tips would be great. Anyone else applied for the global asset management internship?

I was surprised to see that applications are still open.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending