I go to a private school and I'm in year 11 AMA

Watch
SnowflakeSun
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So loads of people don't like people in private schools and I get it lol but there are loads of misconceptions so fire away with the questions
chloenix
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is everyone a Tory? Hahah
SnowflakeSun
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloenix)
Is everyone a Tory? Hahah
lmaooo there defo are some but not everyone is like I support labor
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
why do you go to a private school?
SnowflakeSun
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
why do you go to a private school?
Well my mum forced me to try two private schools for year 7 and I got into a all girls one pretty easily and I was on the waiting list for the one I go to now. I didn't want to go to the all girls one so I opted for this one and honestly even though I didn't want to at first, I'm pretty glad I'm here even with all the downsides
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SnowflakeSun)
Well my mum forced me to try two private schools for year 7 and I got into a all girls one pretty easily and I was on the waiting list for the one I go to now. I didn't want to go to the all girls one so I opted for this one and honestly even though I didn't want to at first, I'm pretty glad I'm here even with all the downsides
what are the downsides?
SnowflakeSun
Rep:
?
what are the downsides?
For example you get shouted at on the streets sometimes because of the uniform - that's happened to my friends more than me. They put A LOT of pressure on you like hours of homework on top of weekly tests and you get graded on a system called intrems every few weeks and put pressure on you if you don't do well, me as well as a lot of people i know corrolate our self-worth to our grades and it's really bad for metal health. You constantly surround by geniuses which some might say is a good thing but it really brings down your selfesstem - I was considered really gifted in my old school but now I'm just average. There are more and to be honest this might be what it's like everywhere since I haven't been to a state school in ages but this is just my thoughts
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For example you get shouted at on the streets sometimes because of the uniform - that's happened to my friends more than me. They put A LOT of pressure on you like hours of homework on top of weekly tests and you get graded on a system called intrems every few weeks and put pressure on you if you don't do well, me as well as a lot of people i know corrolate our self-worth to our grades and it's really bad for metal health. You constantly surround by geniuses which some might say is a good thing but it really brings down your selfesstem - I was considered really gifted in my old school but now I'm just average. There are more and to be honest this might be what it's like everywhere since I haven't been to a state school in ages but this is just my thoughts
would you rather go to a state school?

what do you think of people who go to state schools?
SnowflakeSun
Rep:
?
would you rather go to a state school?

what do you think of people who go to state schools?
Honestly, no. I don't have a very outgoing or "normal" personality (I am neurotypical I just don't fit in with a lot of people) so I feel like I'll get bullied in a state school lol but I don't think anything bad of state schools. I have a lot of friends I still keep in contact with that go to a state school and some people from my primary school were a lot smarter than me that went to state school.
Lilymae69
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I bet you hate working class and make fun of people who live in council homes and are on benefits. thats what tories do
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly, no. I don't have a very outgoing or "normal" personality (I am neurotypical I just don't fit in with a lot of people) so I feel like I'll get bullied in a state school lol but I don't think anything bad of state schools. I have a lot of friends I still keep in contact with that go to a state school and some people from my primary school were a lot smarter than me that went to state school.
Do other people in your school judge sate school students?

Do you think you will do better in life because you have gone to a private school (and if so, how?)
SnowflakeSun
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lilymae69)
I bet you hate working class and make fun of people who live in council homes and are on benefits. thats what tories do
firstly I'm not a tory, secondly I defo do NOT hate the working class, honestly my family is not as wealthy as you would think, we're barely middle class if that and thirdly I don't make fun of anyone let alone people with financial stuggles, even if I did think poorly of them (which me nor any of my friends do) I would be wayyyyyy to awkward to make fun of anyone. Trust me, people make fun of us a lot more than we make fun of anyone.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
lmaooo there defo are some but not everyone is like I support labor
Why do you support labour?
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
firstly I'm not a tory, secondly I defo do NOT hate the working class, honestly my family is not as wealthy as you would think, we're barely middle class if that and thirdly I don't make fun of anyone let alone people with financial stuggles, even if I did think poorly of them (which me nor any of my friends do) I would be wayyyyyy to awkward to make fun of anyone. Trust me, people make fun of us a lot more than we make fun of anyone.
Sorry about that assumption I just wanted to see what you think. Its good youre not a tory!
SnowflakeSun
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lilymae69)
Sorry about that assumption I just wanted to see what you think. Its good youre not a tory!
ahaha it's fine Idrm tbh tho there are tories in the school ngl but the school enourges kindness as they say to us EVERY SINGLE WEEK which is lovely but gets annoying after the 4th year yk XD
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ahaha it's fine Idrm tbh tho there are tories in the school ngl but the school enourges kindness as they say to us EVERY SINGLE WEEK which is lovely but gets annoying after the 4th year yk XD
My school has posters about it all over the wall. sadly ppl in my school obviously dont care
noturhabibti
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
whats the white:coloured ppl ratio roughly
SnowflakeSun
Rep:
?
Do other people in your school judge sate school students?

Do you think you will do better in life because you have gone to a private school (and if so, how?)
I can't speak for everyone but the people I know do not. They either have friends there or used to go to a state school so we don't judge state schools.

Hmm the second one is a hard one tbh... in some aspects yes because of certain connections and just extra study time I would have not put in otherwise as well as the high expectation now that I've gone to a private school so I feel like I need to live up to those. However, russel group unis are starting to accept less private school people that going to a private school is starting to mean less. I don't know honestly, it depends on the future I guess.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What is included in the school fees?
SnowflakeSun
Rep:
?
(Original post by noturhabibti)
whats the white:coloured ppl ratio roughly
that's a really good question and if I'm completly honest I don't know. I am an asian and there are quite a lot of asians. However, there are much fewer people with darker skin tones. maybe if I doing a rough ratio then 5:1 - 4:1?? Idk tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (55)
15.58%
I'm not sure (9)
2.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
34.56%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.7%
I'm not a current university student (161)
45.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise