The Student Room Group

leave to remain

Hi my university refusing to offer me a place because i have leave to remain ,Any one in a similar position please. I live in Scotland looking to enter year 3 in Mechanical engineering as a home student
Are you the citizen of an European country? :confused:
Reply 2
no an not am from Zimbabwe and i have leave to remain which i got under family and private life after asylum was refused so am on a 10 year route and have been here for 16 years
Year 3 entry to any degree course is unusual. It may be that this is the reason for their refusal.
Or, if ILR means you are counted as a Home student, not Overseas, then they may have reached their limit on Home students.

I think you need to email the Uni and ask for more information about their decision.
Is your letter from the uni or SAAS Scotland? :confused:

I understand that generally SAAS funding is restricted to paying the tuition fees of one undergrad for British citizens already resident in Scotland for the last three years or a citizen of another EU country who have resided in Scotland for at least 3 years.
Reply 5
I have done my HND in engineering and done maths 3 so it’s ok I can enter year 3 without any problem her reason was that leave to remain it’s not on the list of Saas eligibility so you don’t qualify for home fees . I have been staying in Scotland since 2014and did my Nc,HNC and HND without any problems

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending