The Student Room Group

Going to CLC for 6th Form vs Staying at Pate's

Hi there 😊. I'm a Year 10 currently living in Cheltenham, and studying at Pate's Grammar School. I'm wondering whether I should apply to CLC (Cheltenham Ladies' College) for Sixth Form, as I have already applied at 11+ and 13+ level, was offered scholarships both times, but had to say no to a place asmy parents couldn't afford it. However, my parents have just said that they are willing to pay the fees if I decided to go there for Sixth Form. Pate's is a good school, but I'm not really sure if it is quite the right fit for me, and I also kind of want to do the IB instead of A Levels. Any advice?
Original post by Speedygem
Hi there 😊. I'm a Year 10 currently living in Cheltenham, and studying at Pate's Grammar School. I'm wondering whether I should apply to CLC (Cheltenham Ladies' College) for Sixth Form, as I have already applied at 11+ and 13+ level, was offered scholarships both times, but had to say no to a place asmy parents couldn't afford it. However, my parents have just said that they are willing to pay the fees if I decided to go there for Sixth Form. Pate's is a good school, but I'm not really sure if it is quite the right fit for me, and I also kind of want to do the IB instead of A Levels. Any advice?

did u end up going ? i want to go to pates for sixth form - is it acc good?? like teaching wise x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending