Would a pelvic ultrasound show pregnancy

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I had a pelvic ultrasound two weeks ago, she scanned my bladder, ovaries and kidneys. If I were pregnant, would this have shown up?? I use protection but have random bouts of anxiety sometimes.
Tracey_W
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had a pelvic ultrasound two weeks ago, she scanned my bladder, ovaries and kidneys. If I were pregnant, would this have shown up?? I use protection but have random bouts of anxiety sometimes.
If she scanned all over your tummy then possibilities yes it will show up if you were pregnant and she seen something like then I would have hoped that she would have said too you that she thinks you are pregnant.

YiullY know sooner than later if you are.
PM me if you wish ??
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tracey_W)
If she scanned all over your tummy then possibilities yes it will show up if you were pregnant and she seen something like then I would have hoped that she would have said too you that she thinks you are pregnant.

YiullY know sooner than later if you are.
PM me if you wish ??
Thanks! Nothing was mentioned at the scan and the report came back normal. I had a negative test at the end of July and have sex with condoms and birth control. I just get anxiety sometimes and have been having a little cramping recently (I'm on my third month of a new pill). Sometimes my mind goes into overdrive!
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why did you have to have an ultrasound of your pelvis?

The person doing the ultrasound may well have scanned your uterus too.
Last edited by Kerzen; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
Why did you have to have an ultrasound of your pelvis?

The person doing the ultrasound may well have scanned your uterus too.
I was having some discomfort around my side a few weeks ago and was referred for a scan. The discomfort had pretty much gone by the time the scan came around but I had it done anyway just to double check for anything.
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks! Nothing was mentioned at the scan and the report came back normal. I had a negative test at the end of July and have sex with condoms and birth control. I just get anxiety sometimes and have been having a little cramping recently (I'm on my third month of a new pill). Sometimes my mind goes into overdrive!
It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about on the pregnancy front, but it is true that the thought can sometimes prey on your mind for no explicable reason, very often when you are feeling very anxious about other things.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about on the pregnancy front, but it is true that the thought can sometimes prey on your mind for no explicable reason, very often when you are feeling very anxious about other things.
Absolutely! Thank you for the reassurance, hopefully this anxiety will pass
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They definitely will have looked its basically the first thing you look for in a young woman, and it would have shown up if past a certain date. Obviously if very early then it can't though - pregnancy tests are much better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.42%
I'm not sure (41)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (283)
30.24%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (453)
48.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed