mihussain2015
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
how does deferred entry work after offer?
so im applying to cambridge , imperial , manchester, sheffield, warwick for electrical and electronic engineering and my school deadline for ucas application is in like a week, the thing is i was recently told about a work experience oppertunity for a robotics company that i have a pretty good chance of landing but obviously it isnt 100 per cent guaranteed right now. so how does deferred entry work after offers because thats probably the point at which ill find out whether or not i got my place at the robotics company. if so are cambridge different when it comes to this?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mihussain2015)
so im applying to cambridge , imperial , manchester, sheffield, warwick for electrical and electronic engineering and my school deadline for ucas application is in like a week, the thing is i was recently told about a work experience oppertunity for a robotics company that i have a pretty good chance of landing but obviously it isnt 100 per cent guaranteed right now. so how does deferred entry work after offers because thats probably the point at which ill find out whether or not i got my place at the robotics company. if so are cambridge different when it comes to this?
Basically, it's always at the unis discretion- you need to ask them when you know, and they will make a decision. Most unis will be willing to allow you to defer for a good reason, like this, though.

If they won't allow you to defer, they can't withdraw your offer, so you can make a decision then.
Muhammad Razak
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mihussain2015)
I personally didn't experience deferring Cambridge however, I know a natural science student who did so in order to do something related to art during the year. They were very accommodating and I think it's just down to what your reason is. Thus far I can't see a reason why they'd refuse it. It seems like a very good opportunity and it would help experience wise for your future so I'm pretty sure they'll agree. This is how I did it when I deferred both UCL and Imperial and the person that deferred Cambridge did it: we emailed admissions with pir request and stated a valid reason. Just wait for a response. I'd say 3-5 working days should do it. The way you're going about it seems most logical given the circumstances. Obviously only request to defer once you have your offers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.22%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.04%

Watched Threads