Lucja12344625
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello all,

My GCSE grades were 888777765
(The 6 and 5 were in geography and Spanish)
I also have a HPQ at grade A and media BTEC at distinction*

I’ve been predicted BBD (biology, psychology, chemistry- I know it’s a terrible grade, and I don’t want to make excuses because it is what it is) however I am confident I can raise my two Bs to As and my D to a C (perhaps to a B, but I am trying to keep this as real as I can to myself and don’t want to set myself up for failure)

However, I would love honest opinions, no matter how brutal about whether I can pursue pharmacy or not due to how bad my predicted grades are.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Lucja12344625; 1 month ago
Native087
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Presume your predicted grades are for A levels, BBD would struggle getting into a decent one if my memory serves.
AAC would be good for most, although I believe most of the top universities require a B minimum.

All in all it depends which unis you are looking at, for example: Chester university require BBC I believe.
JellyBurger676
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucja12344625)
Hello all,

I’ve been predicted BBD (biology, psychology, chemistry- I know it’s a terrible grade, and I don’t want to make excuses because it is what it is) however I am confident I can raise my two Bs to As and my D to a C (perhaps to a B, but I am trying to keep this as real as I can to myself and don’t want to set myself up for failure)

However, I would love honest opinions, no matter how brutal about whether I can pursue pharmacy or not due to how bad my predicted grades are.

I honestly think you would be fine with BBC but that probably depends what uni you apply for
Sarah H.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucja12344625)
Hello all,

(Reposted from duplicate thread... this one seems to be primary).

Hi, impossible really to give a definitive answer to this question.

However, IMO, you really do need to be at least a solid B in chemistry which is the primary A level for pharmacy. It is the main A level the unis look at for admission.

You need to ask why you are predicted D. Could it be down to poor teaching of the subject at your school? Poor relationship with teacher? Do you genuinely struggle with it for whatever reason? Do you actually like the subject? Do you put 100% in? Your other predicted grades look ok (as were your gcse) so you need to work out what is the problem with chemistry.

If you feel genuinely you can up your chemistry to B (and it is a subject you are comfortable with) then go for it.

Take care and good luck.
JellyBurger676
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also your predictions don't mean everything! I was predicted an E at start of Philosophy/ethics/religion a level and I came out with an A. If you try hard then you can do it - your GCSE prove me this. Its only 2 years long - it flies so fast. Just a bit of effort but also have fun
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are some universities where you can study Masters in pharmacy with lower grades such as BBC (e.g Uni of Wolverhampton) and there are some universities that require high grades. So with BBD predicted you are certainly able to get into pharmacy at lower tier universities. But you are just starting year 13 and you should try your absolute best all year and also see if you can get your predicted grades raised before you send your application.
Last edited by Mustafa0605; 1 month ago
Lucja12344625
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by JellyBurger676)
Also your predictions don't mean everything! I was predicted an E at start of Philosophy/ethics/religion a level and I came out with an A. If you try hard then you can do it - your GCSE prove me this. Its only 2 years long - it flies so fast. Just a bit of effort but also have fun
Thank you so much.

Year 12 went by so quickly so believe me, I am already aware of how fast it goes! But yes, I am confident with consistent study I can do it.

Hope everything is going well for you too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (183)
14.27%
I'm not sure (59)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (377)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (626)
48.83%

Watched Threads